Smwcon fall 2019
|SMWCon Fall 2019|
|The 16th conference on Semantic MediaWiki (SMWCon) brings together developers, users and organizations from the semantic wiki community around the world.|
|Location||International Union of Railways next to the Eiffel Tower in central Paris|
|General Chair:||Airy Magnien|
|Local Chair:||Clément Flipo|
|Program Chair:||Lex Sulzer
|Feed:||RSS feed, Atom feed|
|Wikidata-ID:||Property "Has Wikidata item ID" only permits unique value assignments and Q63323597 was already annotated in subject "SMWCon Fall 2019".|
16 Rue Jean Rey, 75015 Paris, France
|International Union of Railways|
|Table of Contents|
Property "Has Wikidata item ID" only permits unique value assignments and Q63323597 was already annotated in subject "SMWCon Fall 2019".
SMWCon Fall 2019 - the 16th Semantic MediaWiki Conference:
September 25 - 27, 2019, Paris, France
- Location: International Union of Railways next to the Eiffel Tower in central Paris
- Social Media: The hashtag on Twitter is
Conference audience and mission
This conference is addressing everybody interested in wikis and open knowledge, especially in Semantic MediaWiki, e.g. users, developers, consultants, business or government representatives, and researchers.
This conference shall:
- inspire/onboard new users,
- inform on where and how MediaWiki is used,
- convey and consolidate best practices,
- initiate/foster/integrate application and development and
- strengthen the community of stakeholders and its service portfolio.
- 25 September – 26 September: Conference days
- 27 September: Workshop day
A pre-conference will be held as of 15:00 on Tuesday, September 24th in the lounge of the YOOMA urban lodge hotel at 51 quai de Grenelle, 75015 Paris (on the banks of the Seine river, not far from the Eiffel Tower, opposite the Maison de la Radio).
The pre-conference is an unstructured gathering to give an opportunity for conference attendees to meet up ahead of the conference and exchange ideas.
Please usefor suggesting a (lightning) talk, tutorial, workshop, create camp or poster presentation that you want to contribute or that you would like to have addressed by someone else.
In any case you may always contact us at
Live stream: Look for the LIVE NOW icon at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXvzIQAkZQixyBRz2dn4-sw
- September 25, morning 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lM7IA2No_XQ
- September 25, morning 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfJQ41gQ1l4
- September 25, morning 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8QmeQWBrbk
- September 25, afternoon 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCNXZYjLPeI
- September 25, afternoon 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtEhol022wQ
- September 25, afternoon 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThY4McuvCVg
- September 26, morning 1: https://youtu.be/fKmzgh6iXNA
- September 26, morning 2: https://youtu.be/wyQf3kFOE_A
- September 26, afternoon 1: https://youtu.be/MfGq9AVdVYk
- September 26, afternoon 2: https://youtu.be/_GvoQRVj0LQ
Note that each talk will be cut into one video (So there will be one Youtube video per talk).
Conference Day 1 – Wednesday, September 25th 2019
- Creating and managing their Semantic Properties
- Creating and managing their Categories
- Managing users rights and permissions
Conference Day 2 – Thursday, September 26th 2019
Unconference Day – Friday, September 27th 2019
- Best practices for creating extensions using BoilerPlate and Example
- Easy MediaWiki setup/installation management with Meza
- Extension "WSForm" hands-on
- Linking inside and into your wiki
- Ways to implement main end user use cases
- The main areas I am interested in at the moment is using SMW in a Enterprise Architecture environment. Importing BiZZdesign models into the Wiki and vice versa. We have attempted to import XML files that BiZZdesign produce, but so far it has not worked. I'm currently also looking at ways to archive the Wiki using Heritrix. I have so far used Httrack to convert the Wiki into HTML, but would prefer something like Heritix that just does it and makes it available for users to view the Wiki at certain points in time. As a added part, I am also looking at converting the HTML files, or even the Wiki into a PDF book. I have been having issues with the latter getting the dependencies working.
by Gary Foster, ICT Architecture Support, Publication of Policy/Strategies and Web Development
Going to a pub after Day 1 (September 25th)
After the first day of the conference (September 25th), we can all meet up at Plan B, 28 Rue de Lourmel, 75015 Paris. It is a Pub at 13 minutes walking distance from the venue.
Registration has been closed. Please contact email@example.com in case of any question.
|Smart semantic solutions that fullfill your needs. Trainings for Software Architecture and Requirements Management. Specialists for software engineering in a systems engineering context. Initiators of #11Dollar4Climate.|
|dataspects is about finding and learning knowledge. It is based on a search engine that can index any kind of information and a wiki used as the primary platform to manage knowledge as connected entities.|
|Dokit is the easiest way to create and share digital user guides, work instructions and best practices.|
|The International Union of Railways promotes rail transport at world level and manages the challenges of mobility and sustainable development.|
|Wikibase Solutions builds B2B customized solutions with an enthusiastic team of 15+ developers. We have a global client base with ambitious customers relying on the MediaWiki platform. We are an active member in the MW and SMW community. Feel free to surf to wikibase-solutions.com.|
|Wiki Valley provides consulting, training on MediaWiki and many of its extensions like Semantic MediaWiki, Wikibase and hosts private and public wikis on its wiki farm.|
To let others know that you will be attending, please add your name below:
- Lex Sulzer
- Karsten Hoffmeyer
- Clément Flipo
- Stephan Gambke
- Nicolas NALLET
- Cindy Cicalese
- Bernhard Krabina
- Wolfgang Fahl
- Lia Veja
- Airy Magnien
- Richard Heigl
- Yaron Koren
- Ad Strack van Schijndel
- Matteo Busanelli
- Philippos Papadopoulos
- Viktor Schelling
- Charlot Cobben
- Sébastien Beyou
- Maria Fahl
- Tobias Oetterer
- Emmanuel Touvier
- Laurent Mischler
- Robert Vogel
- Pierre Boutet
- Gary Foster
- Billy Coffield
- Gabriele Cornacchia
- Wazed Ali
- Simon Sarazin
- Laurel Zuckerman
- Lucian Anghel
- Lucian Emanuel Anghel
- Sabine Melnickiwas not here
Hotels/accommodation and Getting There and Around
There are many options to go from the Airports to Paris' city center.
- From Orly Airport to Paris: Read this
- From Charles de Gaules Airport (AkA Roissy) to Paris: Read this
RER B (+ Orlyval) is the cheapest and fastest option. Except during off-peak hours when taxis can be faster.
- Métro line 6 : station Bir-Hakeim
- RER C : station Champ de Mars / Tour Eiffel
Lines are bidirectional. On the panels, the name of the last station tells the direction.
The best way to get around Paris is on the Metro and the Paris Visite travel pass provides unlimited travel. Instead of buying tickets every time you ride the Metro, you have a transportation card in your pocket that allows you to hop on the Metro, the RER, city buses, tramways, even the Montmartre funicular — whenever you want, wherever you are.
The Paris Visite travel pass also allows you to use airport connections.
- Number of journeys: unlimited
- Availability: between 1 to 5 days
- Cost: between 12,00€ to 38,35 €
For more information, check this page.
First bookings have been made by participants at this hotel:
- 51 Quai de Grenelle, 75015 Paris
- 0,9 kilometer away - 11 minutes walk
- ~ 120€/night
Further options that are not too far from the conference site:
- 3 Rue Nicolo, 75116 Paris
- 1,1 kilometer away - 18 minutes walk
- ~ 145€/night
- 21 Rue de l'Avre, 75015 Paris
- 1,4 kilometer away - 18 minutes walk
- ~ 120€/night
- 48 Rue de Passy, 75016 Paris
- 1,2 kilometer away - 17 minutes walk
- ~ 90€/night
- 14 Rue Saint-Didier, 75116 Paris
- 1,7 kilometer away - 22 minutes walk
- ~ 155€/night
- 35 Avenue Raymond Poincaré, 75116 Paris
- 1,7 kilometer away - 22 minutes walk
- ~ 160€/night
- 5 Rue Gavarni, 75116 Paris
- 1,0 kilometer away - 14 minutes walk
- ~ 160€/night
- 82 Rue Saint-Charles, 75015 Paris
- 1,2 kilometer away - 16 minutes walk
- ~ 90€/night
Prices may vary depending on season and availability.
As you probably know, room availability and prices changes very quickly, so you might want to look by yourself for the accommodation that best suit you on Booking.com and/or Airbnb.com.
A few tips when you consider booking a room in Paris:
- Check the customers feedback! Try to get a place with high (and many) ratings.
- Check which floor the apartment is on and if there is an elevator.
- If you like a quiet place, try to avoid busy streets (Boulevard or Avenue) and try to check that there is no bar nearby.
- It's ok to stay in an area that is not close to the venue since the metro (subway) system is one of the best in the world. Considering that, try to get a hotel on the same Metro line than the one next to the venue (Bir Hakeim, Champ de mars, Tour Eiffel or Ecole Militaire). Indeed, avoiding changing metro lines will save you lots of time.
Coffee shops have become more and more popular over the last three years in Paris. Most of them are located in the 10th Arrondissement of Paris, but you can probably find one near your place of residence.
Here are our advices:
Anticafé is a popular chain and has one location near the venue.
- Address: Anticafé Louvres - 10 Rue de Richelieu
- Cost: 5€ an hour / 24€ per day
- Offer: Wifi + unlimited hot and cold beverages, salty and sweet snacks
A little further from the conference venue, there are many coworking places that also charge by the hour. Most of them are located around the Jacques Bonsergent Metro Station. Here are a few places that we recommend:
- Café Craft - 24 Rue des Vinaigriers, 75010 Paris
- HUBSY République - 9bis Rue Lucien Sampaix, 75010 Paris
- Närmare coworking café - 34-36 Rue du Château d'Eau, 75010 Paris
- Coworkshop - 32 Rue des Vinaigriers, 75010 Paris
- Onzième Lieu - 91 bis Rue Jean-Pierre Timbaud, 75011 Paris
Last, the following place is located next to Chevaleret Metro station (a station on the same line than Bir Hakeim, the closest station from the venue). That makes it a good option.
- Anticafé Station F - 55 Boulevard Vincent Auriol 75013 Paris