Help:Special property "Language code"
|Handles BCP47 conform language codes specifying the language of the annotated text|
|Provided by:||Semantic MediaWiki|
|Removed:||still in use|
|Alias:||has no alias|
|In this wiki:||Property:Language code|
The Language code property is a special property in Semantic MediaWiki with a built-in meaning: it handles language codes which have to conform with the IETF language tag (BCP47). It was introduced starting with Semantic MediaWiki 184.108.40.206 It is enabled by default. See the help page on the configuration setting
$smwgDVFeatures for details on configuring Semantic MediaWiki for special data value feature including "Language code" with the
The property "Has special property description" is of datatye "Monolingual text" and gets the following annotation:
[[Has special property description::Handles BCP47 conform language codes specifying the language of the annotated text.@en]]
The "Language code" special property now gets automatically set with "en" since this was the language code defined with "
@en" for English via the datavalue. Appending a language code with
@?? with "??" replaced by the applicable language code is required. The same applies to annotations to the "Has property description" special property.
- Info page on Multilingual Semantic MediaWiki
- Help page on localization and multilingual content
- Help page on content, page and user language
- Help page on the "Semantic Interlanguage Links" extension that links content of different languages together and automatically set the page content language as preferred content language
- Help page on datatype "Monolingual text"
- Help page on special property "Has property description"
- Help page on special property "Has preferred property label"
Help:Special property Language code en 2.4.0