|Found errors or typos? Just edit the page or leave a message on the talk page.|
The English language documentation is canonical and most up to date.
Special property "Language code"
Handles BCP47 conform language codes specifying the language of the annotated text
|Provided by:||extension "Semantic MediaWiki "Semantic MediaWiki (SMW) is a free, open-source extension to MediaWiki that lets you store and query data within the wiki's pages. Semantic MediaWiki is also a full-fledged framework, in conjunction with many spinoff extensions, that can turn a wiki into a powerful and flexible knowledge management system. All data created within SMW can easily be published via the Semantic Web, allowing other systems to use this data seamlessly.|
|Removed:||still in use|
|Alias:||has no alias|
|In this wiki:||Property:Language code|
The Language code property is a special property in Semantic MediaWiki with a built-in meaning: it handles language codes which have to conform with the IETF language tag (BCP47). It was introduced starting with Semantic MediaWiki 184.108.40.206 It is enabled by default. See the help page on the configuration setting
$smwgDVFeatures for details on configuring Semantic MediaWiki for special data value feature including "Language code" with the
The property "Has special property description" is of datatye "Monolingual text" and gets the following annotation:
[[Has special property description::Handles BCP47 conform language codes specifying the language of the annotated text.@en]]
The "Language code" special property now gets automatically set with "en" since this was the language code defined with "
@en" for English via the datavalue. Appending a language code with
@?? with "??" replaced by the applicable language code is required. The same applies to annotations to the "Has property description" special property.
- Info page on Multilingual Semantic MediaWiki
- Help page on localization and multilingual content
- Help page on content, page and user language
- Help page on the "Semantic Interlanguage Links" extension that links content of different languages together and automatically set the page content language as preferred content language
- Help page on datatype "Monolingual text"
- Help page on special property "Has property description"
- Help page on special property "Has preferred property label"
- Semantic MediaWiki: GitHub pull request gh:smw:1344