Special property "Has property description"
|Has property description|
Adds localizable context help to properties
|Provided by:||extension "Semantic MediaWiki "Semantic MediaWiki (SMW) is a free, open-source extension to MediaWiki that lets you store and query data within the wiki's pages. Semantic MediaWiki is also a full-fledged framework, in conjunction with many spinoff extensions, that can turn a wiki into a powerful and flexible knowledge management system. All data created within SMW can easily be published via the Semantic Web, allowing other systems to use this data seamlessly.|
|Removed:||still in use|
|Alias:||has no alias|
|In this wiki:||Property:Has property description|
The Has property description property is a special property in Semantic MediaWiki with a built-in meaning: it adds the possibility to localize the context help of properties. It was introduced starting with Semantic MediaWiki 188.8.131.52
On property page "SomePropertyName" one would add:
[[Has property description::Is a property that...@en]] [[Has property description::Es handelt sich um ein Attribut mit ...@de]] [[Has property description::このプロパティは。。。@ja]]
@??with ?? replaced by the applicable language code is required. The annotated language code is being stored via the "Language Code" special property. See also the help page on datatype "Monolingual text" for further information on this.
- Another example
- Info page on Multilingual Semantic MediaWiki
- Help page on localization and multilingual content
- Help page on content, page and user language
- Help page on the "Semantic Interlanguage Links" extension that links content of different languages together and automatically set the page content language as preferred content language
- Help page on datatype "Monolingual text"
- Help page on special property "Language code"
- Help page on special property "Has preferred property label"
- Semantic MediaWiki: GitHub pull request gh:smw:1381
- skos:scopeNote described as "...supplies some, possibly partial, information about the intended meaning of a concept, especially as an indication of how the use of a concept is limited...", Retrieved from: https://www.w3.org/TR/skos-primer/#secdocumentation
- Semantic MediaWiki: GitHub pull request gh:smw:1874