Semantic gardening can be described as activity to "garden" (or improve) the health of value statements and property declarations used within a wiki. It is part of the overall data curation1 that should be done on a wiki.
The property annotation health collects some help about how to find erroneous statements that need correction or adjustments. "Gardening" further includes to monitor things like:
- outdated properties
- outdated entities
- similar properties
- property uniqueness
- improper annotations and failed queries
- missing redirect annotations
- Help page on processing errors
- Help page on constraint errors
- ^ "...term used to indicate processes and activities related to the organization and integration of data collected from various sources, annotation of the data, and publication and presentation of the data..." from Data curation. (2017, February 13). In Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. Retrieved 21:51, March 25, 2017.