SMWCon Fall 2017
|SMWCon Fall 2017|
|The 14th conference on Semantic MediaWiki (SMWCon) brings together developers, users and organizations from the semantic wiki community around the world.|
|Start:||October 4, 2017|
|Finish:||October 6, 2017|
|General Chair:||Remco de Boer, Karsten Hoffmeyer|
|Local Chair:||Toine Schijvenaars, Esther Greefhorst|
|Program Chair:||Lloyd Rutledge|
|Financial Chair:||Erwin Oord
|Sponsorship Chair:||Ad Strack van Schijndel|
|Feed:||RSS feed, Atom feed|
|DOI:||not yet provided|
Rotterdam Zoo (Blijdorp), The Shark Room, Rotterdam, the Netherlands,
Blijdorplaan, Rotterdam, the Netherlands
|Rotterdam Zoo (Blijdorp), The Shark Room, Rotterdam, the Netherlands|
|Table of Contents|
SMWCon Fall 2017 - the 14th Semantic MediaWiki Conference:
October 4 - 6, 2017, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
- Location: Rotterdam Zoo (Blijdorp) in the Shark Room
- Participants: Everybody interested in semantic wikis, wikis and open knowledge, especially in Semantic MediaWiki, e.g., users, developers, consultants, business or government representatives, researchers.
- Social Media: The hashtag on Twitter is
You can download the convenient,printable SMWCon Fall 2017 Rotterdam navigator (pdf, 709kB) which provides you with a detailed map of all conference related locations and how to get there (by foot).
→ Quick list of program contributions
Tutorial day - Wednesday, October 4th
On the Tutorial Day our experts will teach and introduce various topics related to semantic wikis, e.g. usage, conception etc. Just click on the button to see what will be prepared for you.
Conference days - Thursday and Friday, October 5th and 6th
The Conference Days gather people from business, academia, government and non-profit organizations giving talks about applying semantic wikis as well as about newest developments in the field.
The conference area also has space to hang posters for display and discussion. We invite attendees to bring posters to hang in the poster area.
Attendees and Registration
Registration for SMWCon Fall 2017 has closed.
*To be eligible for the reduced fee, students must be able to present proof of student status upon request
In case you also want to make your attendance visible, just add your name to the list below:
Additional information and links
To help you find suitable accomodation, we have made arrangements with two hotels. These hotels provide a discount for SMWCon attendees:
- Van der Valk Rotterdam-Blijdorp
- Next to the conference venue / zoo. Superior single room including breakfast at € 105,- per night. To apply for the discount, reservations should be made to the hotel by phone (+31-10-2988777) or via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) using the reservation code BLI-GF13363
- For a discount code of 10% on the Orange Club Rate, use the voucher code SMWCON (valid for Twin, Standard and Business rooms). All reservations have to be prepaid, reservations can be made via the hotel website (http://www.easyhotelbenelux.com). You can enter the code at the last page of the booking process.
Grants for Wikimedians
Travel & Participation Support funds Wikimedians to actively represent Wikimedia at events around the world. Learn about the Travel & Participation Support program
- Initial Announcement of SMWCon Fall 2017 - May 29th, 2016
Things to do in the Netherlands
- ESA Open Day 2017 - October 8th, 2017 - Noordwijk - free (need to register)