SMWCon Fall 2014/Participants Info
Before the conference
- Please make sure you paid the conference fees at: http://de.amiando.com/SMWCon2014.html
- If you are a presenter
- Send your presentations to krabina(at)kdz.or.at AND bring them along on USB stick.
- We have a Windows 7 PC with MS Office 2010 and Mozilla Firefox. Sound is connected for playing videos.
- There is a fixed microphone on the standing desk for the speakers.
- Phone number: you can reach Bernhard Krabina at +43 676 84957927 and (preferred) by e-mail at krabina(at)kdz.or.at
- The hashtag on Twitter is
At the venue
- Directions on how to get to the venue, "Gasometer" at Guglgasse are here: SMWCon_Fall_2014#Travel
- Enter the first Gasometer (A), right across from the subyway exit U3. It's called "Gasometer Music City" and it's a shopping mall.
- Use the escalators all the way to the top level (or the elevator).
- Walk straight through all Gasometers (A-D). Follow signs "Klangfarbe" or "Archiv". Right before the entrance of the "Klangfarbe" shop on the left is the entrance to the "Archiv" (marked with a blue arrow on the picture below).
- Take the elevator or stairs to 4th floor (you are on floor 0).
- Welcome to SMWCon :-)
We will walk togehter to the "Bierometer" a typical Austrian restaurant. There you will have the following selection
- One free soft drink: water, mineral water, Almdudler (Austrian soda), Coke. More or other drinks have to be paid individually.
- regular main course and for those of you who registered for a vegetarian diet, a vegetarian menu
- small desert
Evening on Wednesday, October 1st
- If you like you can follow Ralf Roletschek on a sightseeing and photography tour through Vienna to make pictures for Wikimedia Commons.
- We organized a get together at Plutzerbräu, Schrankgasse 2
- you can reach it at subway stop U3 Volkstheater (or U2 Museumsquartier) with a short walk
- please arrive between 19:00 and 20:00, after that our reservation will be cancelled
- this is no official conference event, which means that everyone has to pay indivudually
Konference Dinner on Thursday, October 2nd
- Details can be found here: SMWCon_Fall_2014/Conference_dinner
Evening on Friday, October 3rd
- nothing planned here, your free evening in Vienna ;-)
Create Camp on Saturaday, Ocober 4th
- Details can be found here: SMWCon_Fall_2014/Create_camp