SMWCon Fall 2014
|SMWCon Fall 2014|
|The 10th conference on Semantic MediaWiki (SMWCon) brings together developers, users, and organizations from the semantic wiki community around the world.|
|Start:||October 1, 2014|
|Finish:||October 3, 2014|
|General Chair:||Bernhard Krabina|
|Local Chair:||Bernhard Krabina|
|Program Chair:||Franz Borrmann
|Feed:||RSS feed, Atom feed|
Municipal and Provincial Archives of Vienna, Vienna, Austria,
Gasometer D, Guglgasse 14, 1110 Vienna, Austria
|Municipal and Provincial Archives of Vienna, Vienna, Austria|
|Table of Contents|
We are happy to announce SMWCon Fall 2014 - the 10th Semantic MediaWiki Conference:
October 1 - 3, 2014, Vienna
- Dates: October 1st to October 3rd 2014 (Wednesday to Friday), with a Create Camp on Saturday, October 4th
- Location: Municipal and Provincial Archives of Vienna, Gasometer D, Guglgasse 14, 1110 Vienna, Austria
- Conference wikipage: https://semantic-mediawiki.org/wiki/SMWCon_Fall_2014
- Participants: Everybody interested in semantic wikis, wikis and open knowledge, especially in Semantic MediaWiki, e.g., users, developers, consultants, business or government representatives, researchers.
- Registration is now open at: http://de.amiando.com/SMWCon2014.html
- The hashtag on Twitter is
SMWCon Fall 2014 will be organized by KDZ - Centre for Public Administration Research, supported by the Open Semantic Data Association and the Municipal and Provincial Archives of Vienna in cooperation with Wikimedia Austria and Open Knowledge Foundation Austria.
Following the success of recent SMWCons, we will have one tutorial day and two conference days. As a novelty, the SMWCon in Vienna will have a Create Camp / Hackathon on Saturday at the KDZ premises.
Hope to see you in Vienna!
Please read the Participants Information
Information auf Deutsch
Slides and Videos
- Slides are available on the Programme pages (below) and on http://de.slideshare.net/KDZ_Austria
- Videos are available here: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLv4ZNIEr6SqWjHJvegO9uLze1d7yy0jpk
Tutorial day, October 1st
Please see Programme for Tutorial Day
Conference days, October 2nd - 3rd
Keynotes and Regular Talks
Please see Programme for Conference Days
Posters and demos
- We will show you live demos of semantic::apps (gesinn.it GmbH & Co. KG)
- AnnoWiki. SMW based platform for storing, sharing and editing genomic annotations. (Toniher, CRG)
- Encyclopaedia Herder. SMW-based encyclopaedia of philosophy in Spanish (Toniher, Herder Editorial)
- Carmatop: Calculate carbon dioxide emissions of trips for Travel Agencies. SMW is used for storage of data, and calculation of emissons. Focus is on a user friendly GUI to enter travel-data. The solution was to develop an external data-entry system that uses API to communicate with SMW.(HZ University of Applied Sciences Flushing - Anton Bil)
Would you like to show a demo system or would you like to present a poster? Please feel free to add the topic
Proposed lightning talks
- Introduction of plastic.js and how it relates to SMW (Simon Heimler) (presentation)
- Grazwiki (Martin Brunner)
- Watch Analytics (James Montalvo)
If you can present your idea, your proposal or your solution in 3 minutes and 5 slides, you're welcome to add your suggestion here
Topic wishlist for community discussions
Propose topics that should find a platform at SMWCon Fall 2014
- Development needs - what kind of solution/extension would make SMW even better? What are the most wanted features? What are the most annoying bugs?
"Internal" photos (can be speedly deleted if you want): SMWCon Fall 2014/Photo
See the list of attendees on the registration page.
Create Camp, October 4th
The goal of the create camp is to bring togehter people interested in getting things done in one day. This can be programming, fixing bugs, installing, testing, configuring, documenting, marketing Semantic MediaWikis. Please see Programme for the Create Camp
Accommodation and Travel
You are responsible for booking accomodation individually. The following options are suggestions and contingents have been reserved there:
IBIS St. Marx
- Website: http://www.ibis.com/de/hotel-3706-ibis-budget-wien-sankt-marx/index.shtml
- 10 min. walk to the conference venue
- EUR 45,00 (single), EUR 55,00 (double), breakfast EUR 6,00
- 30 rooms are reserved until 19.08.2014, booking code "KDZ"
- Please use this booking form Media:Ibis Booking Form.pdf
Motel One Wien Westbahnhof
- Website: http://www.motel-one.com/de/hotels/wien/hotel-wien-westbahnhof
- located at railway station Wien Westbahnhof, along the U3 (30 min to venue with subway)
- EUR 78,51 inkl. breakfast
- 30 rooms are reserved until 29.08.2014, booking code "KDZ"
- Please use this booking form Media:MotelOne Booking Form.pdf
- Website: http://www.roomz-vienna.com/en
- located right across the conference venue (1 min. walk)
- EUR 99,00, breakfast EUR 15,00
- 30 rooms are reserved until 15.09.2014, booking code "KDZ"
- Please use this booking form Media:Roomz Booking Form.pdf
K+K Hotels Maria Theresia
- Website: http://www.kkhotels.com/en/hotels-in-wien/k-k-hotel-maria-theresia/welcome/
- located at the U3 station "Volkstheater", 20 min. subway ride from conference venue
- EUR 124,00, breakfast included
- 10 rooms are reserved until 17.09.2014, booking code "KDZ"
The conference venue is reachable by subway U3 (orange line), station "Gasometer". This line runs through the city centre (station "Stephansplatz" as well as "Landstraße" where travellers usually arrive from the Vienna Internatioal Airport). By car you take the exit "St. Marx" from the highway A23 and follow the signs to "Gasometer City". Car parking is available for 5 EUR/day. You can find details here: http://www.wien.gv.at/english/history/archives/contact.html
- Vienna Airport is reachable by the more expensive but fast CAT - City Airport Train or the slower but cheaper S-Bahn both arrive at the station "Landstraße" where you can take the U3 to Gasomater (direction "Simmering").
- An alternative (reached by some low-cost airlines) is the Bratislava Airport. From there you can take the bus or train.
- Austrian Railway
- Vienna Subway
- There are 24, 48 and 72hour Tickets for getting around in Vienna by public transport.
General Infos and Tipps
- Visiting Vienna: http://www.wien.gv.at/english/culture-history/tourism/
- Route planner AnachB, also available as app: http://www.anachb.at
- Car parking: http://www.apcoa.at/Gasometer-City-A-C--Garage-513e.html
- WiFi in Vienna: http://www.wien.info/en/travel-info/faqs/wlan
If you are a Wikimedia community member, you can ask for participation support at Wikimedia Foundation: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Participation:Support
Visitors from Austria
If you are a visitor from Austria, you can ask for a similar support at Wikimedia Austria: https://www.wikimedia.at/ueber-wikimedia - please contact Claudia Garard at verein[at]wikimedia.at
energypedia consult Innovative IT company in the field of development cooperation. Tailor-made IT tools go hand in hand with consultancy on results-based monitoring as well as knowledge and project management.
Contact Bernhard Krabina if you want to sponsor the event.