SMWCon Fall 2014/Conference dinner
The conference dinner will take place at a very traditional place: the Heuriger "10er-Marie"
This traditional venue is the oldest Heuriger in Vienna, founded 1740 named after the daughter of the winemaker's family "Marie" in conjunction with an old numbering scheme of the building. Rudolf, Crown Prince of Austria supposedly visited the place frequently.
Conference dinner will start at 19:30.
- We will leave from the conference venue at 18:45, walk to the subway station "Gasometer" and take the subway.
- The fastest route is the subway U3, directly from "Gasometer" to "Ottakring", then a short walk.
- For seeing more from Vienna, you can take the tram line "2" to the last but one stop "Johannes-Krawarik-Gasse". You can enter the "2" along the Ringstraße, beginning at Schwedenplatz (alteratively U3 Stubentor, U2 Rathaus and others). From U3 Stubentor, the tramride takes ~25 minutes. Route of the tramline 2
- 10er-Marie on Google maps: https://www.google.at/maps/place/Heuriger+10er+Marie
- Website of 10er-Marie: http://www.fuhrgassl-huber.at/10er-marie/
- 10er Marie in the Vienna Historical Wiki: https://www.wien.gv.at/wiki/index.php/10er_Marie