Maintenance script "setupStore.php"
(Redirected from Maintenance script "setupStore.php")
|Allows to set up the data backend/store|
|Provided by:||Semantic MediaWiki|
|Removed:||still in use|
|Table of Contents|
This maintenance script deprecated the former "SMW_setup.php" script starting with Semantic MediaWiki 1.9.2Released on 18 April 2014 and compatible with MW 1.19.0 - 1.22.x. which was removed with the release of Semantic MediaWiki 3.0.0Released on 11 October 2018 and compatible with MW 1.27.0 - 1.31.x. in October 2018. When upgrading to Semantic MediaWiki 3.0.0Released on 11 October 2018 and compatible with MW 1.27.0 - 1.31.x. the migration to this script must be done.
php setupStore.php [--password|--delete|--backend|--nochecks|--skip-optimize|--skip-import] [backend]
This only shows the script specific parameters.
Maintenance scripts provide generic maintenance parameters, script dependent parameters and depending on the maintenance script script specific parameters which are described on this page if provided.
- Script specific parameters
||The password for the user account
Note: Specifying user credentials in a command line call will usually store them within the shell history file.
||Delete all semantic data, uninstall the selected storage backend. This is useful when moving to a new storage engine, and in the rare case of unsinstalling Semantic MediaWiki. Deleted data can be recreated using this script (setup) followed by maintenance script "rebuildData.php"Allows to rebuild all the semantic data for a selected data backend/store (rebuild) but this may take some time.|
||Execute the operation for the storage backend of the given name. For instance "SMWSQLStore3" or "SMWSQLStore2".|
||When specified, no prompts are provided. Deletion will thus happen without the need to provide any confirmation.|
||When specified the key distribution is not being analyzed, optimized and stored. Thus the internal query planner cannot determine the most efficient execution for queries.|
||When specified, the import process of default or custom vocabularies is not being done.|
- The following command verbosely creates the tables to be used by the default backend.
- The following command verbosely deletes existing tables used by the "SMWSQLStore2" backend after prompting for confirmation.
php setupStore.php --delete --backend SMWSQLStore2
- The following command skips the database optimization process.
php setupStore.php --skip-optimize
- The following command skips the import of vocabularies while still doing the database optimization process.
php setupStore.php --skip-import
This is best used on a regular basis to assure optimal wiki health.
- Help page on maintenance script "update.php" (MediaWiki.org)
- Help page on maintenance script "populateHashField.php"Allows to do mass populating of database field "smw_hash" when initially upgrading to Semantic MediaWiki 3.0.1 and later
- Help page on importing vocabulary
- Help page on importing contents
- Semantic MediaWiki: GitHub pull request gh:smw:2801