Semantic MediaWiki 0.5
|Semantic MediaWiki 0.5|
|Release date:||August 14, 2006|
|Previous version:||SMW 0.4|
|Next version:||SMW 0.6|
|Compatible with:||MW 1.7.x - 1.9.x|
From the RELEASE-NOTES
- Customised datatypes for unit conversion: it is now possible to create customised linear unit conversions by appropriate statements on type articles. This also enables full localisation of all units of measurement.
- Customized display of units: every attribute can now decide which units to display in factbox and query results. Internally, values are still normalised, but users can adjust the view to the most common description of some attribute.
- Support for importing vocabularies from external ontologies. For instance, elements of the wiki can now be mapped to the FOAF ontology during export. The import is controlled by whitelist-like message articles.
- New attribute datatypes for URLs and URIs, some of which can be exported in RDF as ObjectProperties. A blacklist is used to prevent technically problematic URIs from being used there (e.g. most don't want to use OWL language elements as data).
- New attribute datatype for temperature, since this cannot be defined by a linear custom unit conversion.
- Improved Special:Relations and Special:Attributes, including a quicklink to searching occurrences of some annotation.
- Unit support for inline queries. Desired output unit can be adjusted through query.
- Improved code layout, using object-orientation features of PHP5.
- Many bugfixes.
- See also: Semantic MediaWiki 0.5 changes