Semantic MediaWiki 0.4
|Semantic MediaWiki 0.4|
|Release date:||May 12, 2006|
|Previous version:||SMW 0.3|
|Next version:||SMW 0.5|
|Compatible with:||MW 1.6.1 - 1.8.x|
From the RELEASE-NOTES
Semantic MediaWiki 0.4 includes the following new features:
- Support for inline queries: it is now possible to <ask> queries in articles, the answers of which are included into the displayed page. Conjunctions and nesting of queries is supported. Datatype queries for values above or below some threshold are possible. Outputs can be displayed in many different formats, including bulleted and numbered lists, tables with intercative (JScript) sorting (credits go to Stuart Langridge for [www.kryogenix.org/code/browser/sorttable/ www.kryogenix.org/code/browser/sorttable/]), and plain text. See http://semantic-mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Inline_queries for documentation.
- Improved output for Special:Relations and Special:Attributes: usage of relations and attributes is now counted
- Improved ontology import feature, allowing to import ontologies and to update existing pages with new ontological information
- Experimental suport for date/time datatype
- More datypes with units: mass and time duration
- Support for EXP-notation with numbers, as e.g. 2.345e13. Improved number formating in infobox.
- Configurable infobox: infobox can be hidden if empty, or switched off completely. This also works around a bug with MediaWiki galeries.
- Prototype version of Special:Types, showing all available datatypes with their names in the current language setting.
- "[[:located in::Paris]]" will now be rendered as "located in [[Paris]]"
- More efficient storage: changed database layout, indexes for fast search
- Code cleaned up, new style guidelines
- Bugfixes, bugfixes, and some more bugfixes
Semantic MediaWiki 0.4 has not been tested on MediaWiki below 1.6.1 and might fail to operate correctly in this case. Some functions explicitly use code that was introduced in 1.6.
- See also: Semantic MediaWiki 0.4 changes
Semantic MediaWiki 0.4 en