|SMWCon Spring 2015
|smartMediaWiki - smart extension of SMW
|Extending Semantic Media Wiki in smart ways
|Talk, Presentation, Regular talk
- SMW has lots of features.
- SMW is complicated.
- SMW can be very useful.
smartMediaWiki is an approach to get extended results from the use of SMW. The goals are:
- staying on the problem side
- allowing to specify the problem in a way that SMW results can be derived "right there in the wiki".
At SMWCon Spring 2015 smartMediaWiki is presented on all three days:
- on the first day there will be a tutorial which is not about smartMediaWiki but is using it for educational purposes to explaing concepts of the semantic web
- on the second day there is a talk on smartMediaWiki itself
- on the third day there is the option to meet with people interested in applying the smartMediaWiki approaches and dive into details
1st day Tutorial
see Introduction to Semantic_Concepts
. This is a tutorial for people generally interested in using Semantic Mediawiki and learning more about the background of it.
- What does Semantic Web mean?
- What is a semantic wiki?
- How is semantic data stored in a semantic wiki?
- What are triples?
- How do i query data?
- What import and export options are there?
- How do I present query results?
2nd day smartMediaWiki talk
- Why is a smart approach to using SMW necessary?
- What is smartMediaWiki?
- How does it work?
- What can I do with it?
3rd day smartMediaWiki meeting
Meeting with people interested in applying the smartMediaWiki approaches and dive into details.
About the Speaker
Wolfgang Fahl is founder and owner of BITPlan, Germany. He teaches Softwarearchitecture but is also involved with software development projects a lot. Wolfgang has been using MediaWikis since 2007. He was e.g. involved with http://www.waihekepedia.org during his Newzealand Sabbatical in 2008.
You'll find Wolfgang on the web at: