Upgrade from SMW 1.9.x or later to SMW 2.1.x (MW 1.22.0 to MW 1.24.x)
|This page describes the upgrade procedure from SMW 1.9.x or later to SMW 2.1.x (native Composer support).|
|Image / Video collection|
|MediaWiki version:||1.22.0 to 1.24.x|
|Table of Contents|
This help page describes the upgrade procedure from Semantic MediaWiki 1.9.x to Semantic MediaWiki 2.1.x with native Composer support.
- Note that this help page assumes that you use MediaWiki 1.22.0 to 1.24.x. See also the help page on compatibility.
- Once you have upgraded to Semantic MediaWiki 2.1.x you can continue to upgrade to newer versions of Semantic MediaWiki as explained in the relevant help pages.
- See also the help page on switching to native Composer support
Step 1 - Backup database and wiki
Backup your wiki database and wiki installation.
Step 2 - Update software
php composer.phar require mediawiki/semantic-media-wiki:~2.1.0 --update-with-dependencies
Step 3 - Update database
Or alternatively use maintenance script "setupStore.php"Allows to set up the data backend/store:
php extensions/SemanticMediaWiki/maintenance/setupStore.php -v
Step 4 - Rebuild data
Run maintenance script "rebuildData.php"Allows to rebuild all the semantic data for a selected data backend/store from the base directory of your wiki3 in your server's shell to rebuild the semantic data in wiki's database:
php extensions/SemanticMediaWiki/maintenance/SMW_refreshData.php -v
Semantic MediaWiki and the database use should now be upgraded properly. The wiki may now be used again.
- Help page on upgrading
- Help page on using Composer
- Help page on switching to native Composer support
- Help page on troubleshooting
- In case you installed Composer "globally" on your server, you will have to drop the
.pharparticles from the command. |
- This help page assumes that the "composer.phar" file is located in the base directory of your wiki. If not the path to the "composer.phar" file needs to be adapted to the server's situation. |
- This is the directory which contains the "LocalSettings.php" file.