After the upgrade of an existing SMW installation the following messages can occur which solely depend on the configuration of the "LocalSettings.php" file:
- Warning: Class '…' not found in …
- This kind of message appears if the Validator extension is still explicitly invoked. To resolve this the following line has to be removed:
- Notice: Use of undefined constant …
- This kind of message appears because SMW namespace constants (
SMW_NS_CONCEPT) are delayed due to the parameter
$smwgNamespaceIndexbeing a prerequisite and its initialization has to happen first it can be processed. To resolve this you have to addprior to any parameter (e.g. $wgContentNamespaces, $wgNamespacesToBeSearchedDefault and $wgNamespaceProtection) making reference to these namespace constants. In case you choose to manually set
enableSemantics( 'example.org' );
$smwgNamespaceIndexto something other than the default value of
102, you must do this above the enableSemantics() call.
- Fatal: Call to undefined function enableSemantics() …
- This kind of message appears for MW ≤ 1.21.x if the Extension Installer extension is included after the call to enableSemantics() (see above). Make sure that the call to include Extension Installer comes first.
After updating an existing SMW 1.9.0 installation the following messages may occur:
- Database error: A database query error has occurred. This may indicate a bug in the software.
- This error appears after an upgrade from SWM 1.9.0 to 1.9.1 when moving a page and if you have not updated the semantic store. To resolve this run the setup script from the base directory1 of your MediaWiki installation:
- no special pages on SMW, no “Special:SMWAdmin”, no “Special:Browse” , and properties don’t work
- "... actually it seems the ConfirmEdit extension is causing the ..."2, see also3
- Property namespace disappears in MediaWiki 1.27*
- See 4
- This is the directory which contains the "LocalSettings.php" file.