|Statistics (8 November 2020)|
|Users:||3798 (25 active)|
|Table of Contents|
Traditio (also Традиция, "tradition") is a free Russian semantic wiki. A comprehensive encyclopedic network project that exists for the creation, collection and organization of knowledge in the interests of the Russian nation.
The site started on December 29th, 1998 as Constantine Krylov'sRuss. site dedicated to conservative and nationalist views. It switched to MediaWiki on May 17th, 2006.
The site is run by Russian nationalists according to the interests of Russian nation as they see them, but is open to everybody. Traditio's approach to neutral point of view differs from that of Wikipedia demanding that it ought to be discoursively responsible.
Notability is not required. Original research is permitted but should be clearly marked as such. Non-encyclopedic texts can be published under titles in Author:Title format.
So far, there have been no commercial advertisements on the site.
Now, most of semantic properties are set by Summary infoboxes, which share characteristic minimalistic design featuring a thick vertical line at their left side. The templates include a rather advanced parametre parser based on regular expressions, which allows to set multiple property values and correctly deals with endnotes, auxiliary markup, etc. Those templates also provide some navigation to similar (that is, sharing certain properties) pages.
Other notable extensions
MediaWiki extensions used by Traditio also include:
- Extension "Semantic Result Formats",
- Extension "External Data",
- RegexParserFunctionRuss. — provides a regular expression engine used by Summary and other temlates,
- EmbedRuss., the refactored EmbedVideoRuss., — allows inclusion of videoclips and other multimedia content,
- https://traditio.wiki — main address.
- https://традиция.рус — in Cyrillic domain.
- http://traditio-ru.org — older address, still active.
- http://traditio.ru — oldest address, still active.
- Traditio is also present in Tor net: http://traditioe225fc22n4xhtlabsvo6wuddvunbffssketkq2pmygdnhwqd.onion/ and in I2P: http://traditio.i2p.
- Traditio on WikiApiary.