The setup check examines the setup information file (".smw.json") and produces information about the current state of the setup and may block access to Semantic MediaWiki in case the examination found an error. See below for the available codes.
If the ".smw.json" file does not exist or contains an invalid upgrade key then the software stops before it can access any data or the database.
In most cases, an error message is shown to the user and the wiki will no longer be accessible until an administrator takes action to minimize any possibility of data loss due to changes to the database structure or other components that define the content of the checks.
The following codes1 are currently documented:
- ERROR_CONFIG_PROFILE_UNKNOWN (error code caused by an unknown or missing configuration profile)
- ERROR_SCHEMA_INVALID_KEY (describes an error code caused by an outdated (or changed) upgrade key)
- Error code ERROR_DB_REQUIREMENT_INCOMPATIBLE (describes an error code used by the Help:Setup check to inform users about an incompatible database requirement)
- MAINTENANCE_MODE (describes a code that blocks access to Semantic MediaWiki until all necessary maintenance activities have been resolved)
- Semantic MediaWiki: GitHub pull request gh:smw:4438