Semantic MediaWiki 1.7.0
|Semantic MediaWiki 1.7.0|
|Release date:||1 Jan 2012|
|Previous version:||SMW 1.6.1|
|Next version:||SMW 1.7.1|
|Compatible with:||MW 1.16.x - 1.19.x|
- Dropped compatibility with MediaWiki 1.15.x (and earlier).
- Dropped compatibility with old-style (SMW < 1.6) query printers. This means SMW 1.7 and later will not work with Semantic Result Formats < 1.7.
- Full compatibility with MediaWiki 1.18 and forward-compatibility with 1.19.
Upgrading existing installations
Upgrading SMW 1.6.x
Installations of SMW 1.6.* and can be upgraded by replacing the files, and by running the database update (Special:SMWAdmin or SMW_setup.php script) as usual. Moreover, it is strongly suggested to enable the refresh process to update all data on Special:SMWAdmin. Older versions of SMW can be upgraded in the same way, but there can be more feature changes that require changes of wiki pages. See the current documentation for details on using the current version.
Upgrading SMW 1.5.x
SMW 1.6.0 introduces a new software dependency (which also applies to all later versions): the Validator extension that helps Semantic MediaWiki to validate user-provided parameters. It must be installed for SMW to work. Make sure that you include Validator prior to the inclusion of SMW in your LocalSettings.php. Do note that Validator comes bundled with SMW releases as of version 1.6.0. If you are obtaining the code via svn, you will need to get a checkout of Validator yourself.
Do not forget to also install the extension Validator first and include it in LocalSettings.php prior to SMW with the following line of code. After that you may proceed to upgrade SMW.
require_once( "$IP/extensions/Validator/Validator.php" );
Extensions for SMW versions up to 1.5.* should not be assumed to work with SMW 1.6.0 out of the box. All SMW extensions should be upgraded to versions that are compatible with SMW 1.6. Moreover, some functions changed and pages might need updates (see below). Additional remarks on upgrading older SMW versions are given below.
If not done already, it is suggested to change the inclusion of SMW in LocalSettings.php to the following as described in the installation instructions above:
Including SMW_Settings.php as in earlier versions will not longer work.
Added alpha version of native SMW Ask API with modules 'ask' and 'askargs'. This allows you to run ask queries against the MediaWiki API and get results back serialized in one of the formats it supports.
Added alpha version of a new ask query interface: Special:QueryCreator. This was created by Devayon Das as part of Google Summer of Code 2011.
- Added setting to choose which optional special properties are enabled ($smwgPageSpecialProperties).
- Added creation date special property (disabled by default) (bug 32165).
Behind the scenes
- Added value distribution functionality that can be used by result formats.
- Added validation and manipulation of the format parameter using Validator.
- Use of native MediaWiki sortable tables for the table formats.
- Removed defunct "SMWLight" files.
- Added support for selecting a default graph when using RDF stores, configuration called $smwgSparqlDefaultGraph
- Added 'class' parameter to the 'table' format, which allows setting the CSS class.
- Added automatically-generated CSS classes for rows and cells in 'table' format.
- Added support for altitudes in geographic coordinates (bug 32698).
- Added automatic invocation of the SMW_setup maintenance script when running update.php (for MW >= 1.19).
- Added support for the Page Schemas extension.
SMW 1.7 closes a number of bugs that have been identified in earlier versions. The more noteworthy ones include:
- Fixed separator and filename parameters for the DSV format.
- Fixed display of properties of type URL (bug 30912).
- Fixed hide query functionality on Special:Ask (bug 30768).
- Fixed display of internal SMW helper constants in certain queries (bug 30969).
- Fixed some issues with the category result format (including bug 30761).
- Fixed email validation issue (bug 32295).
- Fixed incorrect handling of sort and order parameters on Special:Ask (bug 32706).
- Fixed display of images to old behavior after a recent regression.
- Fixed factbox links to Special:SearchByProperty containing numerical numbers for wikis in languages with the comma as decimal separator instead of a dot.
- Fixed the "hide incoming properties" link on Special:Browse.
- Added definitions for missing parameters (sort, order, searchlabel) to the base query printer.
- Fixed bug in "further results" links causing the main column to be displayed twice on Special:Ask (bug 33473).
- Fixed incorrect case-sensitivity of the format parameter (bug 31138).
- Fixed fatal error in the concept cache maintenance script (bug 32592).
- Fixed fatal error occurring for some invalid property definitions (bug 33652).
- Fixed error in RSS when using creator or date parameters (bug 33721).
- Fixed incorrect offset of export formats (bug 33726).
- Fixed several more issues not listed here.
As usual, translations have been extended thanks to the Translatewiki.net project.
Semantic MediaWiki 1.7.0 en