Semantic MediaWiki 1.7.1
|Semantic MediaWiki 1.7.1|
|Release date:||March 5, 2012|
|Previous version:||SMW 1.7.0|
|Next version:||SMW 1.8.0|
|Compatible with:||MW 1.16.0 - 1.19.x|
Upgrading existing installations
Upgrading SMW 1.6.x and SMW 1.7
Installations of SMW 1.6.x and 1.7 and can be upgraded by replacing the files, and by running the database update (Special:SMWAdmin or SMW_setup.php script) as usual. Moreover, it is strongly suggested to enable the refresh process to update all data on Special:SMWAdmin when upgrading from 1.6.x. Older versions of SMW can be upgraded in the same way, but there can be more feature changes that require changes of wiki pages. See the current documentation for details on using the current version.
Upgrading SMW 1.5.x
SMW 1.6.0 introduces a new software dependency (which also applies to all later versions): the Validator extension that helps Semantic MediaWiki to validate user-provided parameters. It must be installed for SMW to work. Make sure that you include Validator prior to the inclusion of SMW in your LocalSettings.php. Do note that Validator comes bundled with SMW releases as of version 1.6.0. If you are obtaining the code via svn, you will need to get a checkout of Validator yourself.
Do not forget to also install the extension Validator first and include it in LocalSettings.php prior to SMW with the following line of code. After that you may proceed to upgrade SMW.
require_once( "$IP/extensions/Validator/Validator.php" );
Extensions for SMW versions up to 1.5.* should not be assumed to work with SMW 1.6.0 out of the box. All SMW extensions should be upgraded to versions that are compatible with SMW 1.6. Moreover, some functions changed and pages might need updates (see below). Additional remarks on upgrading older SMW versions are given below.
If not done already, it is suggested to change the inclusion of SMW in LocalSettings.php to the following as described in the installation instructions above:
Including SMW_Settings.php as in earlier versions will not longer work.
Support for OpenLink Virtuoso RDF database added
- Added basic support for OpenLink Virtuoso RDF database. In addition to
$smwgDefaultStore = 'SMWSparqlStore', users should set
$smwgSparqlDatabase = 'SMWSparqlDatabaseVirtuoso'and use Virtuoso's SPARQL endpoint at
./sparql/for query and update alike. See also the help page on configuring SWM for use with Virtuoso. For further remarks and known limitations, see also the file
Other new features
- Added ability to sort dates as dates in tables generated by SMW (Task T27768).
- Added "Is a new page" and "Last editor is" special properties (Task T36359) which may be set with $smwgPageSpecialProperties
- In case there are only invalid query conditions, query answering is stopped (Task T35177).
- The parameter "parameters" was added to the #smwdoc parser function, to allow better manipulation of the documentation to be shown for a result format.
SMW 1.7.1 closes a number of bugs that have been identified in earlier versions. The more noteworthy ones include:
- Fixed display of nearby values on Special:SearchByProperty (Task T36178).
- Fixed display of URL values (Task T36312 and Task T36004).
- Fixed warning when browsing certain property pages (Task T36306).
- Fixed failure of SMW_setup --delete when using postgresql (Task T33153).
- Fixed division by 0 error when setting the "Corresponds to" property to 0 (Task T34594).
- Fixed accept header send with SPARQL query requests (Task T34280).
- Fixed unresolved prefixed name in SPARQL queries (Task T35687).
- Fixed issues with modification date property occurring when using SMWSparqlStore (Task T32989).
- Fixed erroneous SPARQL for property value comparison queries (Task T32993).
- Fixed broken +index=x for records (Task T32284).
- Fixed querying of subobjects using 4store as a datastore.
- Fixed issue with namespace internationalization (Task T36383).
And when counting the bugfix releases made since 1.7. as well:
- Fixed creation of concept cache and display of matching objects on concept pages (Task T34592 and Task T34718).
- Fixed fatal error occurring for some invalid property definitions (Task T35652).
- Fixed error in RSS when using creator or date parameters (Task T35721).
- Fixed incorrect offset of export formats (Task T35726).
- Fixed bug in "further results" links causing the main column to be displayed twice on Special:Ask (Task T35473).
- Fixed incorrect case-sensitivity of the format parameter (Task T33138).
- Fixed internationalization of magic words.
- Fixed offset and limit value in further results links (Task T35575).
As usual, translations have been extended thanks to the Translatewiki.net project.
Semantic MediaWiki 1.7.1 en