|Previous version:||SMW 0.7|
|Next version:||SMW 1.0RC2|
From the RELEASE-NOTES
- Simplified semantic annotations: just one kind of annotation ("Property").
- Significant speedup (both server and network load substantially reduced).
- Prettier and easier to understand interfaces:
- New tooltips that work on both normal and special pages.
- Simplified factbox layout, with all properties in alphabetic order.
- Inline warnings to simplify trouble shooting with annotations.
- Improved, more helpful and informative warning and error messages.
- Highlighting for built-in elements. E.g. built-in types are visually distinguished from arbitrary types; useful as visual feedback.
- Error/warning reporting for (inline) queries.
- Alias strings for all SMW elements. English labels are allowed in all languages, names of old SMW elements still work as aliases for their replacements.
- More expressivity for semantic querying:
- support for subproperties,
- improved equality resolution (redirects),
- support for disjunctions,
- inequality check for datavalues ("[[property::!value]]")
- New/improved datatypes:
- Help:Datatype "Page" for explicitly specifying properties that are "relations"
- Help:Datatype "Number" as universal replacement for Type:Integer and Type:Float
- Help:Datatype "URL" as universal replacement for old Type:URL and Type:URI
- Help:Type Geographic coordinate completely rewritten. More input formats supported now (e.g. coordinates without "," separating Lat and Long)
- special property "allows value" works for all types
- display units are now easier to select via property "display units"
- Improved data display: linked URLs and tooltips work for queries and special pages
- Improved maintenance special pages:
- Hints and warning for property usage/declaration in Special:Properties
- Extra information and warnings for types on Special:Types
- Special:SemanticStatistics as faster replacement for earlier "ExtendedStatistics"
- New experimental n-ary properties, allowing property values to consist of a list of entries.
- Ontology import re-enabled (simple annotation import)
- Dutch translation added (by Siebrand Mazeland)
- Improved APIs and various new hooks to simplify the life of SMW extension developers.
- Many bugfixes.
Other changes for the RC1 include:
- No more support for Help:Datatype "Boolean". Will be re-enabled later.
- Help:Type Enum became obsolete, since all types now support "allows value", but it remains an alias for Help:Datatype "String".
- Service links are not working in this Release Candidate yet, especially coordinate values do not link to maps yet. This will reappear before SMW 1.0 final.