Ambitious internet business with SMW
|SMWCon Fall 2017|
|Ambitious internet business with SMW|
|Description:||This talk presents how Semantic MediaWiki can be used by self-organizing agents as a knowledge exchange platform.|
A California based internet entrepreneur chose MediaWiki as the platform for his next project and Wikibase Solutions as the partner to develop the envisioned system. We gladly share some interesting details with the community.
In this talk the vision and requirements of the system will be explained and some features will be demonstrated and explained. Some of these features are:
- Storage of data with a combination of SMW and a custom extension for large numbers of relatively static pages.
- Use of Chameleon skin for a modern look and feel
- Yelp-like search feature with location and issues.
- Location-based experience.
- Logging in with Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn