SMWCon Fall 2015/Announcement
Dear users, developers and all people interested in semantic wikis,
We are happy to announce SMWCon Fall 2015 - the 12th Semantic MediaWiki Conference:
- Dates: October 28th to October 30th 2015 (Wednesday to Friday)
- Location: Fabra i Coats, Art Factory. Carrer Sant Adrià 20 (Sant Andreu), Barcelona.
- Conference wikipage: https://semantic-mediawiki.org/wiki/SMWCon_Fall_2015
- Participants: Everybody interested in semantic wikis, especially in Semantic MediaWiki, e.g., users, developers, consultants, business representatives, researchers.
SMWCon Fall 2015 will be supported by Institut de Cultura de Barcelona (http://lameva.barcelona.cat/barcelonacultura/en/), Amical Wikimedia (https://www.wikimedia.cat) and Open Semantic Data Association e. V. (https://opensemanticdata.org/).
Following the success of this format the SMWCon will have one tutorial day preceeding two conference days.
Participating in the conference: To help us planning, you can already informally register on the wikipage, although a firm registration will later be needed.
Contributing to the conference: If you want to present your work in the conference please go to the conference wikipage and add your talk there. To create an attractive program for the conference, we will later ask you to give further information about your proposals. Tutorials and presentations will be video and audio recorded and will be made available for others after the conference.
Among others, we encourage contributions on the following topics:
Applications of semantic wikis:
- Semantic wikis for enterprise workflows and business intelligence
- Semantic wikis for corporate or personal knowledge management
- Exchange on business models with semantic wikis
- Lessons learned (best/worst practices) from using semantic wikis or their extensions
- Semantic wikis in e-science, e-learning, e-health, e-government
- Semantic wikis for finding a common vocabulary among a group of people
- Semantic wikis for teaching students about the Semantic Web
- Offering incentives for users of semantic wikis
- Challenges and obstacles for Semantic Wikis in business environments
Development of semantic wikis:
- Semantic wikis as knowledge base backends / data integration platforms
- Comparisons of semantic wiki concepts and technologies
- Community building, feature wishlists, roadmapping of Semantic MediaWiki
- Improving user experience in a semantic wiki
- Speeding up semantic wikis
- Integrations and interoperability of semantic wikis with other applications and mashups
- Modeling of complex domains in semantic wikis, using rules, formulas etc.
- Access control and security aspects in semantic wikis
- Multilingual semantic wikis
For any other question and sponsorship opportunities, please do not hesitate to contact Toni Hermoso <toniher at cau.cat>
Hope to see you in Barcelona!
Lia Veja, Karsten Hoffmeyer