SMWCon Fall 2015
|SMWCon Fall 2015|
|The 12th conference on Semantic MediaWiki (SMWCon) brings together developers, users, and organizations from the semantic wiki community around the world.|
|Start:||October 28, 2015|
|Finish:||October 30, 2015|
|General Chair:||Alina Mierlus|
|Local Chair:||Toni Hermoso Pulido|
|Program Chair:||Cornelia Veja, Karsten Hoffmeyer
|Feed:||RSS feed, Atom feed|
|DOI:||not yet provided|
Fabra i Coats, Barcelona, Spain,
Carrer Sant Adrià 20, Barcelona, Spain
|Fabra i Coats, Barcelona, Spain|
|Table of Contents|
SMWCon Fall 2015 - the 12th Semantic MediaWiki Conference:
October 28 - 30, 2015, Barcelona
- Location: Fabra i Coats, Art Factory (3rd floor). Carrer Sant Adrià, 20 (Sant Andreu neighbourhood), Barcelona. (maps link)
- Closer public transportation: Sant Andreu (Metro L1, red line), Sant Andreu Comtal regional railway station
- Participants: Everybody interested in semantic wikis, wikis and open knowledge, especially in Semantic MediaWiki, e.g., users, developers, consultants, business or government representatives, researchers.
- Registration: Official registration can be done via Tito. The early bird registration period runs until October 5, 2015.
- Video documentation: The conference days were recorded to provide a video documentation (playlist). The videos are also linked from the respective individual talk pages. See also this video as a conference mashup. See you next time!
→ Quick list of program contributions
Tutorial day - October 28
On the Tutorial Day our experts will teach and introduce various topics related to semantic wikis, e.g. usage, conception etc. Just click on the button to see what will be prepared for you. We will probably also have special workshop track for advanced users. There is also a workshop track offering various possibilities of directly participating in the program.
Conference days - October 29 and 30
The Conference Days gather people from business, academia, government and non-profit organizations giving talks about applying semantic wikis as well as about newest developments in the field. Click on the button to see the program.
- 27th Informal get-together - On the evening prior to the tutorial day (October 27, 2015)
- 27th Catalan modernism in architecture - Barcelona City Tour to Catalan modernism in architecture (Ralf Roletschek - German language) - please add yourself on the page if you want to participate!
- 28th Informal get-together - On the evening of the tutorial day (October 28, 2015)
- 29th Conference dinner - On the evening of the first conference day (October 29, 2015)
In case you also want of make your attendance visible, just add your name to the list below:
- Denny Vrandečić
- Markus Krötzsch
- Alina Mierluș
- Toni Hermoso
- Karsten Hoffmeyer
- Jeroen De Dauw (Wikimedia Deutschland e. V.)
- Alexander Gesinn (gesinn.it GmbH & Co. KG)
- Lia Veja
- Yaron Koren
- Remco de Boer
- Toine Schijvenaars
- Erwin Oord
- Lex Sulzer
- Simon Heimler (gesinn.it GmbH & Co. KG)
- Nicolas Nallet (semantiki.fr)
- Tobias Weller
- Ad Strack van Schijndel
- ☠Mark Hershberger☢(talk)☣ + 1 (MediaWiki Stakeholders)
- Wolfgang Fahl
- Steffen Rietzschel
- Sabine Melnicki
- Richard Heigl (Hallo Welt! Medienwerkstatt GmbH)
- David Mason
- Daniel Herzig (SearchHaus GmbH)
- Chris Koerner
- Lloyd Rutledge
- Natasha Brown (WikiTranslate)
- Edlira Dushku (WikiTranslate)
- Tommi Suominen (European Forest Institute)
- Ralf Roletschek (Fahrradmonteur.de)
- Dan Bolser
- Rudiger Wolf
- Jan Willem van Veen
- David Gómez (Dvdgmz)
- Jeff Thompson
- Peter Meyer
- Alessio Melandri
an ArchiXL company specialist in enterprise IT architecture, knowledge management and semantic wikis
- Associació per a la difusió de la Filosofia for providing the necessary legal framework.
- Iglor for Internet access in the venue.
- CRG for providing coffee machines.
- BennyBeat for the photos and video recording of the event and its post-production.
Institut de Cultura - Ajuntament de Barcelona
Municipal institution for the promotion of Culture in Barcelona
Additional information and links
Travel & Accommodation
- WikiVoyage - Barcelona
- After the event, you can decide to enjoy the city during La Castanyada (Catalan Halloween)
- See here a list of places to stay nearby.
If you plan to move around Barcelona with public transportation (train, bus, metro), we strongly recommend you to purchase a 10-ride intermodal ticket (less than 10 EUR).
The cheaper option for arriving Sant Andreu neighbourhood (around 1 hour) from the airport:
- Buy a T10 10-ride ticket there in train station (Where to buy T10 in BCN airport)
- Take the train (schedule) - Source: Aeroport.
- Fabra i Coats or places such as NH Hotel.
- Stop at Barcelona-Sant Andreu Comtal. Go either direction. Less than 10 min.
- Ibis Meridiana or around
- Stop at Barcelona-El Clot-Aragó, Commute to Metro Red Line 1 (walk underground less than 5 min). Destination: Fondo.
- Stop at Fabra i Puig and then walk if you go to a hotel such as Ibis Meridiana.
- Fabra i Coats or places such as NH Hotel.
Keep an eye and be always close to your belongings during your trip, especially at stations and touristic hotspots. You must not be afraid about your physical integrity, but you must be concerned about any pickpocketing attempt. More details...
Other useful information
- Close to the venue you can enjoy churros (cat: xurros) and other local sweet delicacies! (Timeout BCN es, Facebook)
- Initial Announcement of SMWCon Fall 2015 - May 27, 2015
- Call for Contributions SMWCon Fall 2015 - September 1, 2015
- Call for Participation SMWCon Fall 2015 - October 3, 2015
Grants for Wikimedians
Travel & Participation Support funds Wikimedians to actively represent Wikimedia at events around the world. Learn about the Travel & Participation Support program
Code of conduct
This conference adheres to the principles behind Code of conduct for technical spaces of the Wikimedia community (still in draft at the time of writing). In case of any concerning issue, do not hesitate to contact Toni Hermoso by email
tonihercau.cat or directly during the event.
Thank you to the organizers and participants. Add your note!