The property page provides a storage mechanism for specification details and shows assigned data values and subjects (pages and subobjects) that are connected to an instance of a property.
Semantic MediaWiki 2.5.0 provides additional information to a user in order to better understand restrictions and constraints of that property in context of the specification made and may include:
- Introductory messages1 editable in the "MediaWiki" namespace that can be shown on each property page and is maintained with the help of:
- system message "smw-property-introductory-message" - displayed for all properties
- system message "smw-property-introductory-message-user" - displayed for all user-defined properties
- system message "smw-property-introductory-message-special" - displayed for all special properties
- A fixed property informs a user about necessary requirements and actions2 in case the datatype of the property is altered.
- In case the property is edit protected3 then a warning message (yellow) is displayed on the property page informing accordingly.
- Some property specifications require additional information with violations to them often being non-intuitive. Some codified requirements4 are made more visible to help users identifying them and includes:
- Help page on properties and types
- Help page on property declaration
- Help page on property usage count
- Help page on fixed properties
- Help page on property similarity
- Help page on importing vocabulary definitions
- Help page on "Concept" pages