The concept page stores queries which can be viewed as "dynamic categories", i.e. as collections of pages that are not created manually, but that are computed by Semantic MediaWiki from the description given by a query.
Semantic MediaWiki 2.5.0Released on 14 March 2017 and compatible with MW 1.23.0 - 1.29.x. allows to provide additional information to a user in order to better understand the mechanism of concepts:
- Introductory messages1 editable in the "MediaWiki" namespace that can be shown on each concept page and is maintained with the help of:
- system message "smw-concept-introductory-message" - displayed for all concepts
Starting with Semantic MediaWiki 3.0.0Released on 11 October 2018 and compatible with MW 1.27.0 - 1.31.x. the page count of the respective concept is displayed as an estimation from the data available at the time of the access of the concept page. The respective timestamp is shown as a tooltip when hovering with the mouse over the "usage count" box located in the top right of the page.2 The appearance of the info box may be adapted to the respective wikis style guideline via CSS by manipulating the
smw-page-indicator usage-count class.
- Help page on concepts
- Help page on "Property" pages
- Help page on user messages
- ^ Semantic MediaWiki: GitHub pull request gh:smw:2221
- ^ Semantic MediaWiki: GitHub pull request gh:smw:2785