|Version:||1.8.0 - 3.0.1|
|Table of Contents|
The tooltip functionality was re-factored in Semantic MediaWiki 1.8.0Released on 2 December 2012 and compatible with MW 1.17.0 - 1.22.x
(except 1.22.1). and together with the jquery plugin qtip2 builds the central component for displaying context information.
The tooltip supports a hover like behaviour [such as hover like behaviour for entities marked ...] for entities marked with
smwttinline (properties etc.) or a persistent like behaviour [such as persistent like behaviour allowing interactions with ... see Help:Adding tooltips] allowing interactions with the tooltip for entities marked with
- Objects marked with smwttinline will adopt a hover like behaviour with no closing button and will automatically hide by crossing over the tooltip border.
- Warning tooltip will behave in a similar manner as smwttinline marked objects.
- Service link tooltip will have a closing button and allow interactions until an event will close the tooltip
- Info tooltip will behave like the a service link tooltip
Please have a look at
ext.smw.tooltip.css for adjustments related to the icons used and for any other related styling isses see style documentation, demos and tips, and implementation samples.
Tipsy and the jquery UI tooltip allow simple tooltip functionality but when it comes to enhanced user interactions it needs a more comprehensive plug-in that can provide greater flexibility.
- parser function
#info← This is the help page about how to add tooltips using this parser function.
- special page "Ask"Provides an interface that assists users with creating and executing semantic queries
- special page "Browse"Shows all properties and their values annotated to a page
- special page "Properties"Lists properties and displays their usage
- property pages containing Service links
- result format "Event calendar"An event calendar with different views of displaying days and events – to show individual event summaries
This is a help landing page (fixed as Help:Tooltip), if you change the page name please ensure a proper redirect.
- ^ Semantic MediaWiki: GitHub issue gh:smw:3685