|Version:||1.8.0 - 3.0.1|
|Table of Contents|
The tooltip functionality was re-factored in Semantic MediaWiki 1.8.0Released on 2 December 2012 and compatible with MW 1.17.0 - 1.22.x
(except 1.22.1). and together with the jquery plugin qtip2 builds the central component for displaying context information.
The tooltip supports a hover like behaviour [such as hover like behaviour for entities marked ...] for entities marked with
smwttinline (properties etc.) or a persistent like behaviour [such as persistent like behaviour allowing interactions with ... see Help:Adding tooltips] allowing interactions with the tooltip for entities marked with
- Objects marked with smwttinline will adopt a hover like behaviour with no closing button and will automatically hide by crossing over the tooltip border.
- Warning tooltip will behave in a similar manner as smwttinline marked objects.
- Service link tooltip will have a closing button and allow interactions until an event will close the tooltip
- Info tooltip will behave like the a service link tooltip
Tipsy and the jquery UI tooltip allow simple tooltip functionality but when it comes to enhanced user interactions it needs a more comprehensive plug-in that can provide greater flexibility.
- parser function
#info← This is the help page about how to add tooltips using this parser function.
- special page "Ask"Provides an interface that assists users with creating and executing semantic queries
- special page "Browse"Shows all properties and their values annotated to a page
- special page "Properties"Lists properties and displays their usage
- property pages containing Service links
- result format "Event calendar"No description was provided. – to show individual event summaries
This is a help landing page (fixed as Help:Tooltip), if you change the page name please ensure a proper redirect.
- Semantic MediaWiki: GitHub issue gh:smw:3685