This help page provides an overview to query restrictions and how to change them by adapting the respective configuration parameters.
Query size and depth
In case a query returns with a message like "The following $2 query conditions could not be considered due to this wiki's restrictions on query size or depth:
$1." (with $1, $2 being placeholders)1 the following configuration parameters
$smwgQMaxSizeSets the maximum number of conditions for inline queries and
$smwgQMaxDepthSets the maximum property depth for inline queries define the restrictions applied before a query is executed:
$smwgQMaxSizedefines the maximum number of conditions in queries
$smwgQMaxDepthdefines the maximum property depth of queries (e.g.
[[Rel1::<q>[[Rel2::Test]]</q>]]has depth 2)
Using result format "Debug" (
format=debug) for the respective to output the computed size and depth of query and to analyze the restrictions applied to a query.
Limit query execution
$smwgQExpensiveThresholdDefines the expensive threshold (denotes the ceiling) and
$smwgQExpensiveExecutionLimitLimit of expensive #ask/#show parser functions (count all classified #ask/#show parser functions and restricts further use on pages that exceed that limit) configuration parameters can be used to limit the execution of expensive
- size and depth
- Help page on inline queries
- Help page on selecting pages (query conditions)
- Help page on subqueries and property chains (property depth)
- Semantic MediaWiki: GitHub issue #4003 – How to interpret "The following query condition ...this wiki’s limitations on query size or depth"
- Help page on expensive queries
- Help page on speeding up Semantic MediaWiki
- Help page on page loading time
- Semantic MediaWiki: GitHub issue gh:smw:4003