|Found errors or typos? Just edit the page or leave a message on the talk page.|
The English language documentation is canonical and most up to date.
|Information about a property and its characteristics|
|Table of Contents|
The property page contains the declaration of characteristics and constraints of a property and hereby its assigned values that need to adhere those restrictions to ensure a consistent behaviour for those that use the same property instance.
Besides those declarative tasks, the property page can also show context information and it is recommended to pay attention to any warnings or errors to allow the system to work within the boundaries of the expected functionality.
Additional information is provided to a user on a property page since Semantic MediaWiki 2.5.0Released on 14 March 2017 and compatible with MW 1.23.0 - 1.29.x. to clarify restrictions and constraints of that property in context of the specification made and may include:
- A fixed property informs a user about necessary requirements and actions1 in case the datatype of the property is altered.
- In case the property is edit protected2 then a warning message (yellow) is displayed on the property page informing accordingly.
- Some property specifications require additional information with violations to them often being non-intuitive. Some codified requirements3 are made more visible to help users identifying them and includes:
Add individual messages
Introductory messages5 editable in the "MediaWiki" namespace that can be shown on each property page and is maintained with the help of:
- system message "smw-property-introductory-message" - displayed for all properties
- system message "smw-property-introductory-message-user" - displayed for all user-defined properties
- system message "smw-property-introductory-message-special" - displayed for all special properties
Entity and value assignments
Semantic MediaWiki 3.0.0Released on and compatible with MW 1.27.0 - 1.32.x. brought change to the display of pages and their annotated data values. In case the legacy display is desired just add the "
legacy" class to "
smw-property-page-results", i.e. "
- Help page on properties and types
- Help page on property declaration
- Help page on property usage count
- Help page on fixed properties
- Help page on property similarity
- Help page on importing vocabulary definitions
- Help page on "Concept" pages
- Help page on user messages
- Help page on configuration parameter
$smwgChangePropagationProtectionSet whether property pages are protected from editing while a property change propagation is being processed
- Semantic MediaWiki: GitHub pull request gh:smw:2135
- Semantic MediaWiki: GitHub pull request gh:smw:2232
- Semantic MediaWiki: GitHub pull request gh:smw:2227
- Semantic MediaWiki: GitHub pull request gh:smw:2281
- Semantic MediaWiki: GitHub pull request gh:smw:2221
- Semantic MediaWiki: GitHub pull request gh:smw:2785