- Semantic MediaWiki has dependencies that will be made available during the installation.
- Individual extensions to Semantic MediaWiki, e.g. Semantic Result Formats may have different requirements.
- Individual extensions to Semantic MediaWiki may not be compatible with the
"~2.5"release (yet). Please see those extensions' documentation pages, or contact the respective developers, for further information.
- ConfirmEdit 1 extension(s) are known to cause limitations in the functioning of Semantic MediaWiki
- It is expected that the PHP mbstring extension is enabled (provides PHP mb_*() multibyte functions such as mb_strpos in the php_mbstring.dll). This is standard but not enabled by default on some distributions of PHP.
- When using a SPARQL backend, SMW and
onoi/http-requestrequires access to the cURL functions of PHP. These functions may have to be enabled/installed to be available.
- While not required (yet), it is suggested to have the PHP intl (ICU) extension enabled especially when Semantic MediaWiki is used in a UTF-8 (non-Latin) environment.
- For users that require symbolic links, some information can be found here.
- For installation and upgrade, SMW needs the rights to create new tables (
CREATE) and to alter tables (
ALTER TABLE). You can remove both rights after SMW is set up. The script "setupStore.php" can use the DB credentials from "LocalSettings.php" for this purpose, avoiding the need of extra rights for the wiki DB user.
- When using the SQL backend (the default data store for SMW), SMW creates and alters temporary tables for certain semantic queries. To do this, the wiki's database user account must have privileges for CREATE TEMPORARY TABLES and DROP. If you don't wish to allow such privileges, please read how to disable the use of temporary tables in "LocalSettings.php".
- Some notes and related settings for a multi-database environment
- Extended list of recommendations and settings
- It is highly recommended to have the parser cache and Semantic MediaWiki specific cache enabled and set to appropriate values.
- Information about regular maintenance tasks and the job queue can be found here.