Help:Installation/Using symbolic links
There has been no reported issues in regards to symbolic links 1 on installation that uses symbolic links as means to deploy Semantic MediaWiki.
Cindy Cicalese has noted 2 that "... you will need to make modifications to your "LocalSettings.php" file to enable it to distinguish between different wikis on your wiki farm/wiki family ..."
- mws:Manual:Wiki family which describes in more detail the use of "... installations with symbolic links to the pool's directories ..."
- IMT:HilfeWiki "... indicating their version number and a symbolic link pointing ..."
- biowikifarm installation "... mediawiki files and folders being represented by symbolic links ..."
- Advanced Guide to Installing Multiple MediaWiki Sites on Symlinking the Master MediaWiki Directory
- Use of configuration parameter
$wgExtensionDirectory(MediaWiki.org) in connection with a non-default extension setup has been addressed with Semantic MediaWiki 2.4.0Released on 9 July 2016 and compatible with MW 1.19.0 - 1.27.x.3.
- "since I use symbolic links for almost all of them. With MW 1.23.x and SMW 2.3.1 there is no issue for me" on May 9, 2016 by Karsten Hoffmeyer
- The Why and How of Wiki_Farms "use the WIKI_NAME environment variable as shown on slide 34, you need to make the modifications to your LocalSettings.php file shows on slide 23"
- Semantic MediaWiki: GitHub issue gh:smw:1466