|Found errors or typos? Just edit the page or leave a message on the talk page.|
The English language documentation is canonical and most up to date.
|Aims to provide an easy to follow introduction users unfamiliar with Semantic MediaWiki|
|Table of Contents|
This "Getting started" page aims to provide an easy to follow introduction on how to install and work with Semantic MediaWiki (aka SMW) for users unfamiliar with this MediaWiki extension.
- Part 0 (Download and install)
- Part 1 (Working with annotations)
- Part 2 (Working with templates to add annotations)
- Part 3 (Working with queries)
For a more in-depth description about what SMW can do and where it can help, please read the following introductory text. If you are unsure about terms like Property, Subject, or RDF when reading material related to SMW then the following may help:
- Part 4 (Understanding the Graph Data Model)
- Part 5 (Understanding the difference between a category and a property)
- Part 6 (Property naming)
Additional tutorial examples include (which may require additional extensions):
If you want to start quickly and run some tests without having to declare all properties by yourself then we suggest you import the following XML into your wiki. After the import you should be able to use properties like Property:Has wattage (see property list) with content pages such as Berlin.
- Introduction to Semantic MediaWiki - Shows how to create properties, annotations and queries around an example.