Platinum SponsorGold SponsorSilver SponsorBronze SponsorCopper Sponsor
SMW is offering several sponsorship opportunities in order to bring our open-source-community to the next level and secure the future of SMW!
- to give contributors incentives to contribute more and regularly
- to give companies who are contributing time of their staff visibility
- to give users of SMW the opportunity to contribute without the need to have someone who can code
- to make the overall SMW community broader, more active and more visible
|Platinum Sponsor||12-16h/week||4.000 EUR/Month|
|Gold Sponsor||6-8h/week||2.000 EUR/Month|
|Silver Sponsor||3-4h/week||1.000 EUR/Month|
|Bronze Sponsor||2h/week||500 EUR/Month|
|Copper Sponsor||1h/week||250 EUR/Month|
The pages of each sponsorship type hold information on what is included in the different sponsorship plans. Don't confuse these sponsorship opportunities with the opportunities that the organizer's of the SMWCons offer each year.
How does it work?
If you want to donate time, you can start any time. We appreciate occasional contributors as always. E. g. occasional contributions on GitHub will be mentioned in each release. The sponsorship opportunities here are for people or oranizations that can - at least for some time period - donate regularly. As you can see, this starts as low as 1h/week.
1. Start donating your time
What you do is completely up to you. Both technical and non-technical tasks are possible. Here are some examples:
- Technical tasks: Coding (bug fixing, implementing features, reviewing PRs, adding tests, making releases)...
- Non-technical tasks: Manual testing, reviewing bug reports, organizing GitHub, adding documentation, create instructional videos, picking up the “wiki of the month” section, starting a SMW blog…
2. Keep a small changelog/blog on your sponsorship page
Every sponsor has the opportunity to present themselves on a sponsorship page. For those whose work is visible anyway, there is not much to do: maybe you want to name the GitHub users that are the developers working for you and everything you do will be visible on GitHub anyway.
In case you are donating time towards tasks that leave no immediate trace, just have a short changelog, something like this:
- created a promotional video for SMW, now available on SMWs YouTube Channel
- organized two meetings where improvement of the spanish language documentation of SMW website was discussed
3. Keep up your work or make a pause
You can pause your sponsorship anytime. You have a great project coming along in summer, during which you will not be able to keep up your commitment? No problem. Just unset your sponsorship for this time and make it active again afterwards. In case you forget: someone else can also undo your sponsorship in case there are no traces to be found anywhere. In case this happens, don't worry: just update your changelog and edit your sponsorship info and you are online again in a minute!
Donate to others
The first opportunity is that you donate to a company or individual, who will work the amount of hours for you. This way, already employed programmers can devote even more time or freelancers can be contracted if you don’t have your own staff.
You can add yourself here: Sponsorship/Resources if you are a company or individual willing to spend the amount of time/week for others who donate money. For receiving a bill/receipt for your payment, the listed organizations/individuals are in charge. It is up to you to agree with the organization or individual listed what and how much you pay. The money indicated is just an example. Whatever amount you decide on, the work that is done for your sponsorship has to be visible as a time donation (see above).
Direct or one-time donations
If you just want to donate one of the amounts mentioned above and not be bothered with anything more, you have to wait a little while: We don't yet have the opoortunity to collect money that is a one-time donation of money that people want to donate and don't want to give it to one of the mentioned people. We will try to setup a donation program soon.
More information can be found in our Sponsorship/FAQs.