Semantic MediaWiki 4.0.2
|Semantic MediaWiki 4.0.2|
|Release date:||July 21, 2022|
|Previous version:||Semantic MediaWiki 4.0.1|
|Next version:||Semantic MediaWiki 4.1.0|
|Compatible with:||MW 1.35.0 - 1.37.x|
Version 4.0.2 of Semantic MediaWiki is the second release after the major Semantic MediaWiki 4.0.0 release. It is a security and maintenance release providing bug fixes and translation updates. See the English language RELEASE NOTES below on this page for further information.
Users are encouraged to upgrade as soon as possible.
Please refer to the help pages on installing or upgrading Semantic MediaWiki to get detailed instructions on how to do this.
Semantic MediaWiki 4.0.2
Released on July 21, 2022.
This is a patch release, meaning that it contains only fixes and no breaking changes.
This release improves compatibility with MediaWiki 1.37 and 1.38. It also brings a fix for a security issue.
Users of MediaWiki 1.37 and later and Semantic MediaWiki 4.0.1 and earlier are encouraged to upgrade.
Get the new version via Composer:
- Step 1: if you are upgrading from SMW older than 4.0.0, ensure the SMW version in
- Step 2: run composer in your MediaWiki directory:
composer update --no-dev --optimize-autoloader
No need to run "update.php" or any other migration scripts.
- #5275: SECURITY Sanitized query log before output. Thanks to Markus Glaser for fixing and Kirill Anikin as well as Justin Lloyd for reporting
- #5271: Replaced deprecated use of "SkinTemplateNavigation". Thanks to Abijeet Patro
- #5269: Replaced deprecated use of
JobQueueGroup::singleton(). Thanks to Abijeet Patro
- #5260: Replaced deprecated use of
LinksUpdate::mRecursive. Thanks to Niklas Laxström
- #5258: Replaced rdbms methods with ResultWrapper methods. Thanks to Abijeet Patro
- #5257: Replaced deprecated use of
Sanitizer::removeHTMLtags. Thanks to Abijeet Patro
- #5256: Replaced deprecated use of
LinksUpdate::mTemplate. Thanks to Abijeet Patro
- #5255: Replaced deprecated use of "LinksUpdateConstructed". Thanks to Abijeet Patro
- #5254: Replaced deprecated use of
ParserOutput::getPageProperty. Thanks to Abijeet Patro
- #5249: Fixed "Is a new page" special property. Thanks to Markus Wagenhofer
- #5246: Removed unused variable. Thanks to Markus Wagenhofer
- #5236: Fixed "TypeErrors" to be thrown. Thanks to wgevaert
- #5216: Fixed Resource Loader warning when loading the factbox module. Thanks to Jeroen De Dauw & Professional.Wiki.
- #5206: Made "ElasticFactory" object to be injected into "ElasticStore". Thanks to Marijn van Wezel
- Localisation updates. Thanks to translatewiki.net and its community of translators