Semantic MediaWiki 1.4.0 released: easier upgrade and installation, better date support, special property integration, more robust
Nov 21 2008. The Help:SMW Project is happy to announce the release of the new Semantic MediaWiki 1.4.0. The new version introduces a number of new features and general improvements. Please be sure to read the installation and upgrade instructions before updating an existing wiki.
The main new features, as detailed in this wiki, are:
- Easier installation, upgrade, repair: Special:SMWAdmin now has a control for refreshing the wiki data online.
- Improved datatype Date
- much larger range of dates, covering all of human history
- internationalisation, support for localised date formats in input
- support for single year numbers in dates
- incomplete dates handled properly
- Query for page modification date using Property:Modification date
- Full integration of "special properties" such as Property:Has type
- can be queried in #ask, and printed in printouts
- usable in all browsing interfaces
- display uses of properties on property page
- Improved parsing process
- avoid data loss in unusual circumstances
- much better compatibility with other parser extensions
- Shorter and cleaner code
- Extended translations
- Many bugfixes
Important parts of the online documentation on this site have already been updated to the new version.