Semantic MediaWiki 1.2.1
|Semantic MediaWiki 1.2.1|
|Release date:||August 8, 2008|
|Previous version:||Semantic MediaWiki 1.2.0|
|Next version:||Semantic MediaWiki 1.2.2|
|Compatible with:||MW 1.11.x - 1.14.x|
From the RELEASE-NOTES
- New sub-property display for property pages
- Improved number parsing, admitting arbitrary spaces in numbers (required for French)
- Extended translations
- Update job generation actually works now
- Query format "csv" to export data as file of comma-separated values
- Prevent crashes for very long property values (due to PHP PCRE)
- Various other bugfixes
Version 1.2.1 of Semantic MediaWiki is a minor update to Semantic MediaWiki 1.2.0. This page explains the enhancements and modifications compared to SMW 1.2.
Upgrading existing installations
Existing SMW 1.2 sites only need to install the new files, without running any scripts. Since SMW 1.2.1 fixes a bug that may have caused some wrong annotations on SMW 1.2 sites under certain conditions, you may want to run a complete refresh of your data, as described under Help:Installation_1.2#General_instructions_for_repairing_any_SMW_version, just to be sure.
Due to problems in certain PHP functions, SMW 1.2.1 by default does no longer support any kind of links in property values (of any type). You can re-enable this behaviour with the setting $smwgLinksInValues = true; in your LocalSettings. Be aware, however, that this activates a bug with very long property values: property values longer than around 3500 characters will cause PHP to crash. Unless you really need to have links in property values, it is thus recommended to keep the default setting.
Older versions of SMW can be upgraded as explained in Help:Installation 1.2.
Properties that have sub-properties will now display those on their pages, just like categories display their sub-categories in MediaWiki.
CSV export format
It is now possible to export query results as CSV (comma-separated values), which can easily be imported into most spreadsheet tools. To use this feature, specify the parameter format=csv in any inline query. The format also supports the parameter sep to define an alternative separator symbol for the export, e.g. sep=;. Only single symbols are supported in this place, and spaces must be encoded as _.
Improved number parsing
Numbers now allow for arbitrary spaces in inputs. This is especially useful for French number formatting, where spaces are used to separate the thousands.
- The update jobs in SMW 1.2 had various problems all of which are fixed now. In extreme cases, the problems may have caused the wrong page to be annotated by update jobs, and wikis which encountered this may have to refresh their data as mentioned above.
- Editing of all Type pages works again.
- __NOFACTBOX__ works again.
- Properties of datatype Text and Code do show their values on their property page now.
- Type:Code now displays properly in the Factbox in all cases
- Certain PHP crashes, resulting in server errors or in "index.php" to be offered for download, are now avoided. This relates to the parsing of nested links in property values being disabled, as explained above.
This page in other languages: de