|SMWCon Spring 2014|
|Description:||Traditional SMWCon feedback session for all participants|
It is traditional to have a community discussion at the end of each SMWCon. This page has the protocol/notes from the discussion at SMWCon Spring 2014.
- Note: upcoming post-conference survey on SMWCon Spring 2014
- Timing? Days of the week? (no conclusions)
The following suggestions have been made by the audience:
- Maybe finish earlier on last day and use tutorial day time instead for main conference
- Try to facilitate breakout sessions/birds-of-a-feather discussions among participants
- How can we produce more content/insights at the event? "Harvest".
- Invite people who run WotMs
- Lightning talks on real-world examples of specific SMW extensions/features
- Themed sessions; organise talks by topics
- Announce topics of interest to suggest contributions
- Gather topics of interest during registration or on user pages
- Maybe consider colocation with other events (no conclusion on which events these could be)
- Maybe reduce number of very basic tutorials
- Try to add more specific topics? (no specific suggestions on topics)
- Unconference/informal space for questions
- Include topics that go beyond SMW, such as RDF?
Community work, outreach
- Build up knowledge repository for best practices on (S)MW usage
- Suggestion: Organise SMWCon talks by topic for people to look up
- Send people to conferences to present SMW?
- -> need to clarify which conferences these would be