Dokit - a platform to create step-by-step instructions powered by SMW
|SMWCon Fall 2018|
|Dokit: a platform to create step-by-step instructions powered by SMW|
|Description:||Introduction to the main features of the platform and some business use-cases|
|Audience:||Everyone, Community, Business people, Academics|
|Event start:||2018/12/12 16:00:00|
|Event finish:||2018/12/12 16:30:00|
|Keywords:||Business, Business Process Management, Community, comment, UX, Page forms, VE|
Dokit is a SMW-based platform that enables organizations of any sizes to create step-by-step instructions and visual user guides.
In this talk, we will explain how we leveraged SMW features to create Dokit :
- Using PageForm to create an intuitive edit interface
- Creating a unified discussions and forum experience based on CommentStreams
- Enabling users to gather pages into a manual and export it as PDF
- Creating versions and variants of pages and manuals
- Improving the search experience and UX for a better usability
At the end, we'll open the discussion about the gaps that need to be filled to be identified as a strong alternative to well-known wiki platforms (such as Confluence or Dozuki for instance).