SMWCon Fall 2016/Multilateral, asynchronous, bidirectional synchronisation of wikis
- Sharing knowledge (wikipages, templates, etc) across multiple wikis.
- The wikis are not-always-connected instances.
- Don't want to share everything
- Wiki users should be able to edit their own wiki.
- Edits should be propagated across wikis when they become connected.
- Need incremental updates. Don't copy the whole wiki every time.
- Provide a way to merge edits from different wikis.
- Git allows contributions from multiple sources.
- Git provides automatic merges for most edits
- For things that can't be merged automatically, there are lots of tools and places to ask questions. How to resolve merge conflicts in Git? and What's the best visual merge tool for git?