Semantic MediaWiki maintains an IRC channel, #semantic-mediawiki, on FreeNode. This channel can be used for discussing all issues related to both Semantic MediaWiki itself and any of its spin-off extensions.
The usual way to access IRC is with an IRC client. Some popular clients include:
- Linux: ChatZilla, Irssi, XChat
- Mac OS X: ChatZilla, Colloquy, Adium
- Windows: ChatZilla, mIRC, KVIrc, XChat
A proprietary client is e.g. IRCCloud (up to 2 IRC connections on free version)
- Client overview on ircv3.net
- Wikipedia: Comparison of Internet Relay Chat clients