Special property "Subproperty of"
Special property "Subproperty of" en 1.0 1.2.0
Lets you indicate that one property is a subproperty of another
|Provided by:||extension "Semantic MediaWiki "Semantic MediaWiki (SMW) is a free, open-source extension to MediaWiki that lets you store and query data within the wiki's pages. Semantic MediaWiki is also a full-fledged framework, in conjunction with many spinoff extensions, that can turn a wiki into a powerful and flexible knowledge management system. All data created within SMW can easily be published via the Semantic Web, allowing other systems to use this data seamlessly.|
|Removed:||still in use|
|Alias:||has no alias|
|In this wiki:||Property:Subproperty of|
|Table of Contents|
It means that a query for pages with the property should also return pages that have the subproperty. For example, querying for the property "spouse" should also find pages with the properties "wife" and "husband", if those properties have the special property [[subproperty of::Spouse]].
On systems where the first letter of an article does not get capitalized make sure that the property is maintained with an capital S [[Subproperty of::Spouse]] otherwise the system does not recognize it as a special property.
This also agrees with rdfs:subPropertyOf:
- If property P is a subproperty of property P', then all pairs of resources which are related by P are also related by P'.
- A property's page does not show its subproperties.
- If no pages (or very few pages) in the wiki use a property, then even if lots of pages use its subproperties:
- The property's page will list no (or few) pages under "Pages using the property"
- The property won't appear in Special:Properties (or will appear with a caution This property is hardly used within the wiki!).
See the property page Subproperty of to see which pages use this special property on this wiki.