(Redirected from Null edit)
On some occasion (as outlined in #16171) a null edit (or page purge) can be required to ensure that a wiki page hosts the most recent changes to its data especially in connection with updating
#ask queries while the embedded query update feature is disabled.
As demonstrated by the the image, a user should find a "refresh tab/link" to appear next to other actions but "... if that doesn't happen then something is wrong with your installation, another extension is blocking or occupying the tab action, or the user has not enough rights to perform this action ..."2
- MediaWiki's manual page on null edits
- MediaWiki 1.283 changed the way how a purge action is processed (GET vs. POST) in MW core and forced changes to SMW core as well with Semantic MediaWiki 2.5.3Released on 8 July 2017 and compatible with MW 1.23.0 - 1.29.x.4
- ^ Semantic MediaWiki: GitHub issue comment gh:smw:1617:222497689
- ^ refresh tabs?
- ^ Semantic MediaWiki: GitHub issue gh:smw:1585
- ^ Semantic MediaWiki: GitHub pull request gh:smw:2502