- Can the problem be viewed online in a public wiki? (If yes, provide its URL.)
- Which version of SMW was used?
- Which version of a related semantic extensions was used? (If applicable.)
- Which version of MediaWiki was used?
- Which server setup was used (PHP, MySQL, OS)?
- Can the problem be reproduced on a test page on a sandbox site? (If yes, provide its URL.)
Improvements and patches can also be discussed on the developer mailing list. You can also view the current bug list for Semantic MediaWiki online. It might contain hotfixes, patches, or workarounds even for unsolved issues.
How to get more information on your problem
Here are some tips to get more information on a problem, which will help us to solve it faster:
- In general, it may also be useful to turn on debugging in MediaWiki. This should provide you with more instructive error messages in your log file.
- If some page will not display correctly or causes critical errors, directly access the page in edit mode. To do that, edit any other page on your wiki and replace the page's name in the URL with the name of the broken page. Then try to remove parts of the page to find out what causes the problem, and include this in your bug report.
- If you have a problem with inline queries, try
format=debugto gather useful information for the developers. Please send this output with your bug report.