Special property "Allows value list"
|Allows value list|
Adds a reference to a list of permissible values for a property
|Provided by:||extension "Semantic MediaWiki "Semantic MediaWiki (SMW) is a free, open-source extension to MediaWiki that lets you store and query data within the wiki's pages. Semantic MediaWiki is also a full-fledged framework, in conjunction with many spinoff extensions, that can turn a wiki into a powerful and flexible knowledge management system. All data created within SMW can easily be published via the Semantic Web, allowing other systems to use this data seamlessly.|
|Removed:||still in use|
|Alias:||has no alias|
|In this wiki:||Property:Allows value list|
The Allows value list property is a special property in Semantic MediaWiki with a built-in meaning: it assigns a reference which is used to define a page which allows to map a list of permissible values to the referencing property. The referenced page is located like a system message in the "MediaWiki" namespace and consists of the string "Smw_allows_list_" and the stored reference as a suffix to it, e.g. "MediaWiki:Smw_allows_list_..." with "..." being replaced by the reference added to this special property. It was introduced with Semantic MediaWiki 220.127.116.11
Two steps have to be taken to use this special property:
[[Allows value list::...]]to a property page for defining a page reference, e.g.
[[Allows value list::Foo]]will define page "MediaWiki:Smw_allows_list_Foo".
- Add permissible values as listed items starting either with "*" or "**" to the "MediaWiki:Smw_allows_list_..." page, e.g. "
* Bar" or "
** Foobar" to page "MediaWiki:Smw_allows_list_Foo".
- It is possible to assign special property "Allows value" as well as this special property to a property page at the same time.
- Example on the sandbox wiki
- Help page on special property "Allows value"
- Help page on special property "Allows pattern"
- Semantic MediaWiki: GitHub pull request gh:smw:2295