Discuss Yaron Koren
Cheers Yaron, it's really great to get feedback like this.--Dan Bolser 22:10, 22 November 2009 (UTC)
Hi Yaron, I left a notice on this users discussion page to save you some time. Perhaps we allow this user to react and/or transfer the edits to another wiki. Nevertheless, this decision is up to you. Cheers --kgh 10:19, 27 May 2010 (UTC)
- Hi, thanks for dealing with the issue. Yeah, my guess is that the person thought of this site as a place to put any SMW-using pages. Given your notice, I'll probably delete the pages within a week or so (unless someone else does it first). Yaron Koren 13:21, 27 May 2010 (UTC)
- No problem at all. :) You seem to be the "commanding" administrator on this wiki, thus the chance that somebody is faster than you is minimal. Cheers --kgh 14:25, 28 May 2010 (UTC)
- Shelly is back again. I would have liked to have this users comments (see user talk) prior to all these edits. Poor communication to some extent as I see it. sandbox.semantic-mediawiki.org is not quite the right place for him or her since user registration is not possible there. Would scratchpad.referata.com be a solution? Perhaps you have another even better idea. Cheers --kgh 08:33, 8 June 2010 (UTC)
- I didn't know sandbox is closed - that should definitely change, I think. In that case, scratchpad would work, yes; or he/she could create a new wiki on Referata and use that, if these pages are meant to be permanent. Yaron Koren 14:47, 8 June 2010 (UTC)
- I thought the sandbox was meant to be like this, though it appeared pretty odd to me. You get a blanc screen when trying to register, as you most probably already realised. Thank your for answering to Shelly. Cheers --kgh 09:12, 9 June 2010 (UTC)
kgh - I told Markus about the problem on sandbox, and he seems to have fixed it - registration is fine now! Phiza - that's good to know about. Yaron Koren 15:05, 9 June 2010 (UTC)
- Ups, I did not see that until now. Thank you for your message. Indeed, it is working now. Cheers --kgh 09:07, 22 July 2010 (UTC)
Deletion of pages
- Done! Yaron Koren 13:03, 7 June 2010 (UTC)
- Thank you. --kgh 17:13, 7 June 2010 (UTC)
Hi Yaron, lately some users have created "heaps" pages about cities that are now inflating the example result tables used on this wiki, e. g. this table. To make things clearer I suggest to delete all cities with not "size in km²": Chelsea, Hannover, Husum, Kiel, Lyon, Marseille, Neubrandenburg, Rendsburg and Toulouse. Cheers --kgh 21:37, 12 August 2010 (UTC) Edit: Dresden which was created after I wrote this message. Whilst you are at it Test News should vanish, too. Cheers --kgh 21:54, 13 August 2010 (UTC) Second Edit: Attribute and Relation used to be an unnecessary redirects. Thanks and cheers --kgh 22:45, 13 August 2010 (UTC) Third edit: I moved Nutzeranleitung to another page and cleared the links to it. Thus, this page may go, too. Cheers --kgh 19:22, 15 August 2010 (UTC) Fourth edit: I have done some clean-up. Thus the following pages, templates and categories are obsolete: Category:SMW prototype features, Template:SMW prototype feature, Category:SMW 0.7 features, Template:SMWHelpTOC, Upgrading from SMW 0.7 to SMW 1.0 and SMW post 1.0RC3. Cheers and thanks --kgh 15:42, 17 August 2010 (UTC)
- Indeed, that was easier! Thanks for putting that together - I finally deleted all of them. I hope that was the right thing to do. :) Yaron Koren 17:18, 22 August 2010 (UTC)
- Thank you for doing it. However, there was and is no reason to rush. I could have had this idea earlier. Since I provide a reason why I think a page should be deleted, it should be all right. If not, blame it on me. :-) The only thing is, that it does not work for properties and concepts, e. g. Concept:AvailableCarpoolers. As a matter of fact the template triggers a php error message when saving the concept. Cheers --kgh 18:44, 22 August 2010 (UTC)
Hi Yaron, why not use the reCAPTCHA extension to prevent account creation by spam bots on semantic-mediwiki.org? We do that on our SMW forum. --Phiza 09:09, 2 July 2010 (UTC)
- That's not my decision; Markus runs the site. Yaron Koren 11:11, 2 July 2010 (UTC)
- Thank you anyway for your effort in battling these spam attacks and scarifying your valuable time. Cheers --kgh 12:43, 2 July 2010 (UTC)
These "nice" little flags
Hi Yaron, would it not be a good idea to rid this wiki form these little flags used, e. g. in Template:Languagelink?! I think everybody using (ediding and reading) should be able to identify his or her language from the language code given. An other reason is that the flags are not available for every language on this wiki. Sometimes they even get pretty ugly like the Americano-British example shows. Cheers --kgh 22:04, 21 July 2010 (UTC)
- It's not really my choice, though I don't think the flags are that bad - I'm used to seeing them on tourist brochures and stuff. Even the American/British one looks alright to me - though Australians, Canadians and others might be offended. Yaron Koren 01:07, 22 July 2010 (UTC)
- Fair enough! Perhaps my proposal results from an energetic moment I encounter once in a while. :-) I do not think that a flag is a good solution when it gets down to languages and the morphing is not making it better (DACH). To cut a long story short: It is a matter of personal preference. However the Dutch and the Russians do not have one. It would be good to provide them with one for the time being. Cheers --kgh 09:03, 22 July 2010 (UTC)
- Okay, I just added it (as you might have guessed, they're no longer in use). Thanks for putting that together. Yaron Koren 13:25, 1 August 2010 (UTC)
- Hi, thanks for your help. Yeah, this information is mostly for historical interest. However, shouldn't it additionally say something like ...support dropped with SMW 1.5.*, since SMW 1.4.* version seems to be the last one to support beta compatibility? Today I finally found the names of these two namespaces. Cheers --kgh 17:25, 1 August 2010 (UTC) PS I just added RefHelper and Widget. The rest was basically there.
- Well, feel free to change it. :) Within the context of that page, I think that's enough information already. Yaron Koren 19:44, 1 August 2010 (UTC)
- Ok. I will dare to do it. :-) I have seen "heaps" of wikis with ancient SMW installations, every single one potentially using this compatibility modus. Cheers --kgh 21:28, 1 August 2010 (UTC)
This user is ready to go
- Thanks. Yaron Koren 20:08, 2 November 2010 (CET)
- Ups, I forgot to sign. I have to thank you. Perhaps protecting this page would not be a bad idea. The downside to this would be that I then will be unable to look after it. :-( Let us see how things develop. Cheers --kgh 20:13, 2 November 2010 (CET)
Searching for templates
- Thankyou, Jan --22.214.171.124
|Thread title||Replies||Last modified|
|SMWCon Spring 2015 Proposal||0||22:36, 24 April 2015|
|How do you knwo that NATO is using SMW||4||04:33, 1 April 2013|
|hitURL.php||0||00:23, 25 December 2012|
Greetings, I wanted to let you know that we’d love to have you present on your topic at the upcoming SMWCon in St. Louis. I’m excited to hear more about your work and I hope you are still eager to present.
We’ve just updated the program with all the submitted talkes. Please take a moment to look it over and let me know of any scheduling conflicts.
We’re going to have a pretty neat audio/video setup this year. You’ll be able to use your own computer to present and we will be in a location with ample wi-fi. Please make sure to bring your own adapter if needed (HDMI preferred, but we also have VGA).
We will be live streaming all presentations with a software called WebEx. To test your connection ahead of time, please visit try connecting to the test meeting.
We’ll also be recording the presenters and editing a video including slides after the event. Please update your talk page with a link to your slides or send them to me (this can be done after the event!).
I’m looking forward to meeting you in person. If you have any further needs or questions, don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Yours, Chris Koerner Local Chair
I translate the FAQ modifs into french and I saw that you wrote that NATO is using SMW, that's a great point but how do you know that ?
Nicolas NALLET (Sémantiki)
Hi - yes, I only know because we had an attendee from NATO at the most recent SMWCon, a week ago, and we talked about it.