no, I just made you an widgeteditor. I case it is still not working you could post the code for me to copy.
While "we" are now at it redoing the system of adding sites useing SMW we should add them to a designated namespace which I have just created with the name "Site". Thus it will be cool if you could move the site over to the new namespace.
I guess the new form could just be named "Site" but that's probably already overoptimizing things.
Thanks a lot for your effort.
Thanks! I've moved some pages to the new namespace until a security throttle was reached.
About those keywords: rather than sending visitors directly to the elaborate and potentially confusing Special:Ask, it would be great if we had a dedicated page with a simple interface. A tried recipe, at least for me, is to have a page like that read the relevant keyword from the url and to show other keywords in a separate panel for further queries. The Urlgetparameter extension (not currently installed) is a simple tool that allows you to implement this. Special:Ask could be kept in there as a sort of advanced mode, of course.
Whether or not this can be used in conjunction with the Filtered format is something I'm curious to find out, but pending a number of future fixes it may not be a terribly good idea to give it such a prominent role (yet).
You must have been really fast moving stuff. Since no extra throttle was configured for moving you must have hit a default set by MediaWiki core. Keep on fighting.
About the keywords: I have now installed the UrlGetParameters extension to allow your approach work. However, the set query feature which works with templates should allow for a similar solution too. A searcher is indeed forwarded to special page Ask but the template view allows to also serve keywords which are again doing a set query. Thus the user does not really have to do anything than to hop from keyword to keyword and explore the different results.
Anyways, thanks for your effort and I am curious to see how it will work out.