Extension "Page Forms"
|Forms for adding and editing pages with and without semantic data|
|Homepage:||follow this link|
|Maintainer(s):||Yaron Koren, Stephan Gambke|
|First released:||May 2007|
|Area of usage:||Adding and modifying data|
|Associated with:||SMW, SB|
This is the shortcut to mark the beginning of the subject line when writing a support request to the mailing list or to the extension's author directly. See also this help page.
|Wikidata-ID:||not yet provided|
|Table of Contents|
Directing user input is always a difficult task to accomplish but Page Forms (PF) formerly known as Semantic Forms (SF) can help by providing form fields that are pre-determined in their range of input possibilities and extend input methods beyond the normal wiki text which can help avoid data misinterpretation
Page Forms allows for the creation of forms to add and edit wiki pages, using the fields within the page's MediaWiki template calls as the fields of the form. All semantic data is meant to be held within templates, and not directly within wiki pages. Templates assign a semantic property to some or (preferably) all of their fields; the type of each semantic property helps determine what sort of input will show up for that field in the form. Data autocompletion is also enabled, as are a variety of other features. Forms can additionally be used for querying the wiki's data.
Some examples in how Semantic Forms can help ease user input:
- Using Semantic Forms for file pages and uploads
- Dynamic defaults for Semantic Forms
- Display form checkboxes and radionbuttons in an orderly table
- Hide empty rows in table
- Pass values to a form in order to dynamically change its content / layout
- Display a bulleted list in a table
- Attach a numerical index to instances of a multiple template
- Provide a link to create a page with a form from a failed search
- Avoiding newlines between template calls
- ... more related tips
Page Forms en 0.7