Smwcon spring 2015/4th announcement
SMWCon Spring 2015 Final Call for Contributions
This is a reminder that the deadline for contributions to SMWCon is Wednesday, April 22nd.
We are inviting you to submit your contributions to help collect and put together the conference program. We’ve started to rough in our schedule and would love to have a diverse group of speakers. Submit your proposed talk today!
Call for Contributions
Talks could be about anything related to semantics, wikis, or yes semantic wikis! We welcome new contributions on the use of semantic wikis in different industries and the development and proposal of new tools in and around the semantic wiki community.
You can propose your contributions on the conference website (http://semantic-mediawiki.org/wiki/SMWCon_Spring_2015) in form of regular talks or short lightning talks. All submitted proposals will be reviewed and we will do our best to consider your proposal in the conference program. If you've already announced your talk it's now time to expand its description.
We are also looking for folks to help us with our tutorial day. We’re looking for presentations on the basics of Semantic MediaWiki and related extensions. The deadline is April 22nd, but we encourage submissions, even in a draft form, as soon as possible to help with planning.
Please note that all tutorials and presentations will be video and audio recorded and made available for others after the conference.
Please add yourself to the informal list of attendees if you’d like to attend.
- Submission Deadline is April 22nd (please contact the organizers if you need more time)
- SMWCon is from Wednesday, May 6th to Friday, May 8th 2015
- T-Rex (http://downtowntrex.com), 911 Washington Ave., St. Louis, MO, USA
- Conference site: http://semantic-mediawiki.org/wiki/SMWCon_Spring_2015
- Participants: Everybody interested in semantic wikis, especially in Semantic MediaWiki, e.g. administrators, developers, wiki users, consultants, business representatives and researchers.
List of Topics
Here are some suggestions. All submissions are welcome.
Use of wikis in
- Social Services
Use of wikis for
- Knowledge Management
- Community Building
- Project Managmeent
- Personal Wikis
- Emergency Response
- Event Planning
Extending Semantic MediaWiki
- Integration with other services (databases, external APIs, etc)
- Visualization and reporting tools
Developments around Semantic MediaWiki
- Community building
- Feature wish lists
- SMW and related extensions roadmaps
- Improving the experience using semantic wikis
- How to contribute to SMW and related projects
- Multilingual support
- Access control
Tickets can be purchased at http://smwcons2015.eventbrite.com
Your registration fee includes:
- 3-day Conference Pass (including the tutorial day)
- Breakfast for all three days
- Lunch on the first and 3rd day
- Coffee, snacks
- Evening social event with hors d'oeuvres and drinks
Please note that the registration fee does not cover accommodation or travel expenses.
Attendees from education organizations can purchase a discounted ticket. Proof of affiliation may be requested.
- Chris Koerner [Local Chair]
- Paul Boal [Program Chair]