SMWCon Fall 2023
|SMWCon Fall 2023|
|Start:||December 11, 2023|
|Finish:||December 13, 2023|
|General Chair:||Bernhard Krabina|
|Local Chair:||Tobias Oetterer|
|Feed:||RSS feed, Atom feed|
|DOI:||not yet provided|
University of Paderborn,
Warburger Str. 100, 33098 Paderborn, Germany
|Table of Contents|
SMWCon Fall 2023 - the 20th Semantic MediaWiki Conference brings together developers, users and organizations from the semantic wiki community around the world.
December 11 - 13, 2023, Paderborn, Germany
- Location: University of Paderborn, Paderborn, Germany.
- Social Media: The hashtag on Twitter is
Conference audience and mission
This conference addressed everybody interested in wikis and open knowledge, especially in Semantic MediaWiki, e.g. users, developers, consultants, business or government representatives, and researchers.
This conference aimed to:
- inspire/onboard new users,
- inform on where and how MediaWiki is used,
- convey and consolidate best practices,
- initiate/foster/integrate application and development and
- strengthen the community of stakeholders and its service portfolio.
Learn how to "do" MediaWiki in order to assume your responsibilities regarding your organization's knowledge management.
Voluntary list of conference participants:
- in Paderborn
- Tobias Oetterer
- Bernhard Krabina (Knowledge Management Associates)
- Jeffrey Wang (MyWikis)
- Eric-Jan van Kakerken (Wikibase Solutions)
- Alexander Gesinn ( gesinn.it GmbH & Co. KG )
- Markus Wagenhofer ( gesinn.it GmbH & Co. KG )
- Luke Eversfield ( gesinn.it GmbH & Co. KG )
- Joris Dirks (ArchiXL)
- Ricardo Eito-Brun (UC3M)
- Cindy Cicalese (Wikimedia Foundation)
- Robin van der Wiel (ArchiXL)
- Yvar Nanlohij (ArchiXL)
- Richard Heigl (Hallo Welt!)
- .. add yourself here
- online only
Call for Contributions
The program is formed by to community! Please propose a contribution to the conference:
In order to attend in person in Paderborn, you must purchase a ticket via eventbrite!
Sale starts on September 17. Early-bird tickets will be available until October 31st.
|Early bird (until October 31th)||$ 219||$ 109||$ 129|
|Regular (starting November 1st)||$ 249||$ 139||$ 129|
|Supporting (2)||$ 450||$ 150||$ 350|
|Online (3)||Free of charge||Free of charge||Free of charge|
- (1) How to become an individual Member of the MediaWiki Stakeholders' Group ($ 100 per year) is explained here
- (2) Supporting tickets are for organizations who can afford to pay more. 450 for a three day conference is still not much for many. We try to keep admission as low as possible but want to give those who can the opportunity to pay higher prizes tickets to support SMWCon and SMW.
- (3) Online tickets might require you to re-register at the platform that will be used (not decided yet), but it is good for us to know already, so feel free to grab an online ticket.
- please contact Bernhard Krabina for sponsoring opportunities
MediaWiki Stakeholders' Group
MediaWiki developers, system administrators, users, consultants, and hosting providers who cooperate towards their mission in order to improve the software and advocate the needs of MediaWiki users outside the Wikimedia Foundation (WMF), its projects and the traditional Wikimedia movement.
Element - An instant messaging platform used for SMWCon discussions:
- SMWCon Room: https://matrix.to/#/#semanticmediawiki:matrix.org
We have a recommendation for three hotels. Two of them, situated in the city proper, offer a special price for conference participants (quota of 20 bookings each). You can reach the conference venue via bus or car within a few minutes. The third is a boarding house directly next to the university.
- Hotel Aspethera; €86 per night and person incl. breakfast; booking code UNI10122023; link to hotel
- Ibis Paderborn City; €58,90 per night and person, excl. breakfast; book via this link for discount
- Boarding House Campus Lounge; €75 pP; no booking code available; link to HRS booking
Paderborn’s main railway station is served by high-speed, intercity and Euro city services. IC/ICE routes Düsseldorf-Hamm-Kassel-Erfurt-Dresden and Cologne-Munich Good regional connections to the IC/ICE train stations Bielefeld, Dortmund, Hamm, Kassel and Hannover.
- Paderborn/Lippstadt Airport (20 km) – there is a good bus service from Paderborn to the airport (Bus lines S60 and S61). It seems that within Germany, there are only flights from Munich to Paderborn.
- Münster/Osnabrück Airport (80 km)
- Dortmund Airport (90 km)
- Hannover Airport (150 km)
- Düsseldorf Airport (170 km)