Help:Special page "SMWAdmin"
|Provides functions for the software administrators that assist in doing their administration work|
|Provided by:||Semantic MediaWiki|
|In this wiki:||Special:SMWAdmin|
SMWAdmin is a special page that provides functions for the software administrators of Semantic MediaWiki. This special page was introduced in Semantic MediaWiki Semantic MediaWiki 0.3. Semantic MediaWiki 2.5.0 renamed this special page to SemanticMediaWiki and modernized as well as extended it substantially.1 The name "SMWAdmin" is now only an alias for "SemanticMediaWiki" to keep the page accessible for legacy reasons.2
The following functions are provided:
- Database installation and upgrade (since Semantic MediaWiki 1.0)
- This function allows to install and upgrade Semantic MediaWiki in case no shell access to the server is available. See the help page on installing Semantic MediaWiki for further information.
- Data repair and upgrade (since Semantic MediaWiki 1.4.0)
- This function allows to refresh and repair the data stored in the semantic backend in case no shell access to the server is available. See the help page on repairing Semantic MediaWiki's data for further information.
- Configuration settings (since Semantic MediaWiki 1.9.0)
- This function allows to display all parameters related to Semantic MediaWiki with their settings. See the help page on configuring Semantic MediaWiki for details on individual parameters and their settings.
- Object ID lookup (since Semantic MediaWiki 1.9.2)
- Object ID disposal (since Semantic MediaWiki 2.0)3
- This function allows to remove specific object IDs. This may be useful if a full data rebuild is not an option with a specific object ID creating a problem which causes the "rebuildData.php" maintenance script to fail. See the help page on remove Object IDs for further information. Note: This is an invasive action to the data store, so handle this feature with care.
- Announce your wiki (since Semantic MediaWiki 1.1.0)
- This function allows to publicise on "semantic-mediawiki.org" that an MediaWiki installation using Semantic MediaWiki is being used. See the help page on registering a wiki using Semantic MediaWiki for further information.
This special page requires the "
smw-admin" permission and is by default granted to the "administrator" and "administrator (Semantic MediaWiki)" user groups. See the help page on user rights and groups for further information.