Help:Individual file release
Starting with Semantic MediaWiki 3.0.0Released on 11 October 2018 and compatible with MW 1.27.0 - 1.31.x. tarballs will no longer be provided.1 Alternatively you will have to create an individual file release on a machine that allows command line access. The script to do so is available at "SemanticMediaWiki/IndividualFileRelease" which also works for Semantic MediaWiki 2.5.x.
It is strongly recommended to not just create an individual file release of Semantic MediaWiki and related extensions but to also include MediaWiki itself in the process as the script which is available at "SemanticMediaWiki/IndividualFileRelease" does.
Access to a server or computer is needed for this to work, so you might have to ask somebody to do this for you.
If due to some configuration restrictions on part of the hosting company or missing command line access, it is suggested to run a local copy and upload the generated files together with the
/vendor directory to the target destination:
- Copy the following file to you local computer: "IndividualFileRelease.sh"
- Change permissions of the file with
chmod 700 IndividualFileRelease.sh
- Run the script with
- Move the resulting files to your webspace.
- Do the rest of the installation of Semantic MediaWiki and enjoy!
- Semantic MediaWiki: GitHub issue gh:smw:3346